i30 Owners Club

i30 SR 2014

JoeSR · 18 · 4793

Offline JoeSR

• 2nd Gear
Hi all,

I seem to be getting about 400kms out of a tank, not sure how many litres it is but not sure if that's normal at not.

I'm from Australia, Melbourne if that helps and I do a lot of city driving.
  • i30 MY14 SR, Auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :wttc:

Sounds a bit low, but how many litres are you getting in at refill? Are you waiting until the light comes on?
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
You'd have the 53 litre tank I would say,but if your running until just before empty or until the light comes on,I would have to agree with Dazz seems very low to me,being a petrol  would have thought you would have gotten at least 600 to 650.mind you it would also depend on your driving style too
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Hi all,

I seem to be getting about 400kms out of a tank, not sure how many litres it is but not sure if that's normal at not.

Sadly for you, the Diesel is particularly suited to city driving.
Perhaps evaluate your driving style, ensure your tank is full to the brim, providing you're going to drive at least 30 k's immediately.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline JoeSR

• 2nd Gear
:wttc:

Sounds a bit low, but how many litres are you getting in at refill? Are you waiting until the light comes on?

not waiting until the light.
Just going off the reading on my dash.
Is that not accurate, I don't normally let it go empty.

You'd have the 53 litre tank I would say,but if your running until just before empty or until the light comes on,I would have to agree with Dazz seems very low to me,being a petrol  would have thought you would have gotten at least 600 to 650.mind you it would also depend on your driving style too

Hi all,

Sadly for you, the Diesel is particularly suited to city driving.
Perhaps evaluate your driving style, ensure your tank is full to the brim, providing you're going to drive at least 30 k's immediately.

Diesel isn't for me, not a fan on the sound of the engine.
I know diesel is better on fuel though.

Thanks for the help guys.
  • i30 MY14 SR, Auto

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
The SR has the torsion beam rear end, Rick...so it has the 50 litre tank...  :)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
How many litres are you putting in to get the 400km?  That might give us a better idea.  For example, if you add 30 litres and then get 400km, then you are getting 7.5 l/100km, which probably isn't too bad around a city.  Is your car auto or manual?

Offline JoeSR

• 2nd Gear
Auto.
The gauge says I'm doing around 11l per 100ks

Going to top the tank up and empty it and see what the distance is.
  • i30 MY14 SR, Auto

Offline tla

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Your SR has the 2.0 GDI?  My Cerato has the same engine, and I'm getting around 9.1LHK.  I live in a rather hilly area, and do mostly short trips: school and shopping runs.  So, 11LHK sounds a little high. 

How many Ks on the odometer?
  • 2014 Cerato Si, YD, 2.0 GDi petrol, auto, white

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
How many litres are you putting in to get the 400km?  That might give us a better idea.  For example, if you add 30 litres and then get 400km, then you are getting 7.5 l/100km, which probably isn't too bad around a city.  Is your car auto or manual?

:whsaid:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline JoeSR

• 2nd Gear
Your SR has the 2.0 GDI?  My Cerato has the same engine, and I'm getting around 9.1LHK.  I live in a rather hilly area, and do mostly short trips: school and shopping runs.  So, 11LHK sounds a little high. 

Yup the 2.0 GDI, got 4000kms on the odometer.

How accurate are the readings from petrol consumption and petrol used on the display gauge.

Not sure, maybe something's up with my car.

Also what is "1LHK"?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 06:54:04 by JoeSR »
  • i30 MY14 SR, Auto

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

How accurate are the readings from petrol consumption and petrol used on the display gauge.

Also what is "1LHK"?

I think it means 9.1 Litres per 100 kilometres?   :undecided:

Offline tla

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Also what is "1LHK"?

Yes, sorry, that's Litres per Hundred Kilometres.

I haven't compared the readings on the gauge with the amount of fuel used to fill the tank.    Something to do...

At 4000K, the engine on my car still felt tight, so you may see an improvement in power and economy.

• 2014 Cerato Si, YD, 2.0 GDi petrol, auto, white

Offline JoeSR

• 2nd Gear

Also what is "1LHK"?

Yes, sorry, that's Litres per Hundred Kilometres.

I haven't compared the readings on the gauge with the amount of fuel used to fill the tank.    Something to do...

At 4000K, the engine on my car still felt tight, so you may see an improvement in power and economy.

Hope so.
Going to run it empty then try a premium fuel.
  • i30 MY14 SR, Auto

Offline JoeSR

• 2nd Gear
I have another question fellas.
My touch screen has two knobs the left controls the volume and the right is power I think I forget.

Anyways the right one has this "i" marking on it for info not sure what is for..
  • i30 MY14 SR, Auto

Offline thi5_justin

• 2nd Gear
  • #i30for30

• au Australia
      Gawler, South Australia
Back to your fuel. Does the sr auto have an Eco mode. I found with my diesel that driving with Eco mode off actually improves my economy. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • GD i30 Tourer Elite

Offline Geothe50

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sandringham, VIC
Hi all,

According to the latest specifications downloaded from the Hyundai-Aust website the i30 5Dr SR Hatch with the 2.0 GDi Petrol engine has a 50 litres tank - like our i30 Hatch with 1.8 MPi Petrol engine.
The 2.0L SR models are 27 - 36 kg heavier than the 1.8L i30 Hatch models.
Hyundai's ADR81/02 fuel consumption figures are also higher for the 2.0L SR than for the 1.8L Hatch; as one would expect.
We have averaged 9.9L/100km in inner city driving. This means after 400Km driving you would have only about 10 litres left in the tank. That is when we usually fill up the petrol. Based on our driving habits we have an average tank range of 426km, after 23 refills. So, 400km for the 2.0L petrol engine is not that bad.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 06:53:52 by Geothe50 »
  • Subaru Forester, i30 Elite 1.8L Petrol Auto

Offline JoeSR

• 2nd Gear

Hi all,

According to the latest specifications downloaded from the Hyundai-Aust website the i30 5Dr SR Hatch with the 2.0 GDi Petrol engine has a 50 litres tank - like our i30 Hatch with 1.8 MPi Petrol engine.
The 2.0L SR models are 27 - 36 kg heavier than the 1.8L i30 Hatch models.
Hyundai's ADR81/02 fuel consumption figures are also higher for the 2.0L SR than for the 1.8L Hatch; as one would expect.
We have averaged 9.9L/100km in inner city driving. This means after 400Km driving you would have only about 10 litres left in the tank. That is when we usually fill up the petrol. Based on our driving habits we have an average tank range of 426km, after 23 refills. So, 400km for the 2.0L petrol engine is not that bad.

My driving might also be to blame, too heavy on the revs from stopping.
Tank is due for a top up, let's see how it goes.
  • i30 MY14 SR, Auto

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal