AlanHo · 13 · 5875

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Would you like to guess what this is…….

I will give you a clue – it’s a gizmo I made for my 2012 i30 to make my life a little easier.
It is made out of some black 3mm plasticard bought from a hobby shop, some black PVC angle trim and some flat D shaped plastic trim used by window installers.

Go on- have a guess to yourself before you peek.

(click to show/hide)

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Brill

Why don't you send photo to HY and see if they will buy the patent and you'll get a royalty for each fitted to their cars..
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Ingenious, well done.

Now spray it grey, or cover it with wallpaper (like you did with your school text books) :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Well done.  :goodjob2:
Do you intend to make a similar gizmo for the left side too?
Don't you have an organizer in a boot, by the way (I mean one under a false floor)?

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Well done.  :goodjob2:
Do you intend to make a similar gizmo for the left side too?
Don't you have an organizer in a boot, by the way (I mean one under a false floor)?
I think we've all got those but Alan's stuff at the side is accessible even with other items in the boot.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Very Good Alan  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Like Steve said some Grey felt or Contact would be the icing on the cake  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

My new car has a space-saver spare wheel in a well just deep enough for it. The boot floor  - unlike my previous 2010 i30, is directly on it with no storage underneath - other than the small gap around the spare wheel. Thus the boot in the new car is deeper because the old organiser has been discarded. A ploy by Hyundai to claim that the new car has a bigger boot volume.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

My new car has a space-saver spare wheel in a well just deep enough for it. The boot floor  - unlike my previous 2010 i30, is directly on it with no storage underneath - other than the small gap around the spare wheel. Thus the boot in the new car is deeper because the old organiser has been discarded. A ploy by Hyundai to claim that the new car has a bigger boot volume.

My 2008 have same arrangement as your new one, Alan. So not all old i30 have the organiser under the floor.

I have often wondered why Hyundai doesn't offer a net to do the job, like other brands do.  :disapp:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

My 2008 have same arrangement as your new one, Alan. So not all old i30 have the organiser under the floor.

I have often wondered why Hyundai doesn't offer a net to do the job, like other brands do.  :disapp:

Annette a net came with the top of the range SR in Aus with the FD series and pretty sure it was available as an accessory with the other versions (we got folding eyelets in the boot)  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

The "Premium" comes with under the boot floor storage...well, at least here in Oz.... :undecided:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

My new i30 Style came with folding eyelets at each corner of the boot floor and an elasticated black cargo net. You can see it in my Spoiler photo in the first post of this thread.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Annette a net came with the top of the range SR in Aus

That's as bad as - (Isobel) - is a bell - on a bike

Or

How do you make a venetian blind - Poke him in the eye
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
My new i30 Style came with folding eyelets at each corner of the boot floor and an elasticated black cargo net. You can see it in my Spoiler photo in the first post of this thread.

Same thing in my 2008 Comfort, but I wanted a net in the side of the boot, to do exactly what your mod do. My 1993 primera had that, it was very usefull.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal