i30 Owners Club

Trophy interior

Offline Villa_23

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Hi everyone

I'm just wondering how hard it would be to swap out the interior of the trophy with a non leather option and what would be the best way to do it.

Thanks

« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 07:58:26 by Villa_23 »
  • I30 trophy

Offline joebris

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane Qld
forgive me for asking, but why?  :question:
  • i30 MY14 Trophy Manual Petrol

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I would also ask "why"  :confused:  you paid for leather and you'll be losing a large chunk of your resale $

Personally I don't like leather in cars as it's slippery and gets to hot but if the car I bought had leather in it I'd throw some nice covers on the seats.

Offline Villa_23

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
I'm not a fan of the leather I don't plan on selling the car as it will be passed down to the kids untill it dies so resale doesn't matter and I hate seat covers
  • I30 trophy

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
It's your choice, advertise it in the swap section of Gumtree or alike as I'm sure someone will want to swap the leather seats and door trims for their vinyl, If you were in Perth I'd have your leather steering wheel :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome,

I'm sure someone would love to swap, but you can get nice tailor made seat covers in heaps of different materials, neoprene, sheepskin, velour etc...

I'll move your post...

Why didn't you opt for a non Trophy model?? Like Craig said you will lose some resale and will make insurance etc..complicated!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Villa_23

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Thanks dazzler. I bought the trophy because I wanted the alloys and the side mirrors and I thought I might like the leather.
  • I30 trophy

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks dazzler. I bought the trophy because I wanted the alloys and the side mirrors and I thought I might like the leather.

I had leather in  2010 Camry Hybrid and then lost it when I went to a 2012 model. I missed it! I have it again in my latest car..  :happydance: Mine is heated though and we live in a temperate climate. Ours is garaged, so they don't get too cold either...

Do you have your windows tinted so they don't get too hot? If not, that might help.... :cool:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I'd happily swap interiors but I live too far away.   :(
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Villa_23

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
I think my best bet is to get some seat covers made up. I have ones in my outlander that are made of wetsuit material.
  • I30 trophy

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I think my best bet is to get some seat covers made up. I have ones in my outlander that are made of wetsuit material.
I had those neoprene ones in my last hybrid. Fit snug and don't get as hot or cold as leather. Quite comfy too :goodjob:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Speaking of seats, I don't hear much about the terrible angle of the headrests in the i30 (FD at least). Most people appear to live with it by reclining the seat far back enough to just clear head contact.

Since I'm a stickler for a healthy and somewhat aggressive upright posture when driving, I added a pair of these suspended vertcally from the headrest posts underneath the sheepskin seat covers - amazing sportscar feel against your back! :victory:

• Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Speaking of seats, I don't hear much about the terrible angle of the headrests in the i30 (FD at least). Most people appear to live with it by reclining the seat far back enough to just clear head contact.

Since I'm a stickler for a healthy and somewhat aggressive upright posture when driving, I added a pair of these suspended vertcally from the headrest posts underneath the sheepskin seat covers - amazing sportscar feel against your back! :victory:

I thought you could pull the headrests fwd in the FD and could then adjust them to one of three positions...  :confused:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

It that out of an F-111  :whistler: in RAAF Blue
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

I thought you could pull the headrests fwd in the FD and could then adjust them to one of three positions...  :confused:

They do indeed.  This is actually one of the features in the i30 I really love.  :goodjob2:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal