i30 Owners Club

Improvements

i30joe · 6 · 2759

Offline i30joe

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Jarrow
Couple of things I would like to upgrade on my 2011 i30. I'm looking for advice on cost, what the exact hardware requirements are. Whether I could do the work myself (I'm pretty handy sometimes).

I would love to have bluetooth connectivity preferably with both calls and music player.

I have also seen a couple of pictures of an electronic rev counter and speedo with the electronic fuel and temperature gauge. Is this restricted to the later model at all.

Cheers
  • 2011 i30 crdi comfort

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Rather than fiddle with electronic speedos, etc, why not purchase a HUD unit. Will display that and more on your screen and a lot easier to use. :idea:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Rather than fiddle with electronic speedos, etc, why not purchase a HUD unit. Will display that and more on your screen and a lot easier to use. :idea:

:whsaid:

HUD is awesome!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I just perused HUD apps at GooglePlay and there are tons of free ones you could use, either on your mobile phone or perhaps consider an older cheap/free phone no longer in normal use, dedicated to the function. I'm sure you could pick the right app for your needs, including bluetooth tether to a diagnostic dongle for a live sexy/wanky racemode data feed. :lol:

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=HUD&c=apps
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline i30joe

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Jarrow
I've never heard of those before just downloaded one looks cool.
  • 2011 i30 crdi comfort

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Yeah, I downloaded DigiHUD when I posted that and ran it tonight on my 10.1 Galaxy Note in HUD mode by laying it against the windscreen on the dash space above the instrument cluster and it was really cool. Felt like I was driving a 007 car. If I install one with voice prompts I'll change Firty's name to KITT. :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal