i30 Owners Club

Overhead console

Adam44 · 5 · 3553

Offline Adam44

• 1st Gear

• hr Croatia
      Rijeka
Hi everyone

I'm just wondering is it possible to install this overhead console in my 2013 i30:
:link: Over Head Console Room Lamp Assembly for Hyundai 2012 2015 Elantra GT NEWI30 | eBay

This photo is taken from interior of mine version of i30, it is the one without console.
http://i57.tinypic.com/ffcsn7.jpg

Part number is: 92800A5000TX
http://www.wholesalehyundaiparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=8620517&ukey_assembly=1112455

I suppose that roof panel needs to be cut but what about electrical wiring.
Any help would be appreciated.

• i30

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Tricky one, that.

No doubt the receptors for the 2 required screws will be there, but whether the 3-core wiring loom and socket are, is anyone's guess, unless you pull back the lining from the front and have a look. A flexible USB camera might help with that.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Adam44

• 1st Gear

• hr Croatia
      Rijeka
Many thanks. Have you any idea how to safely remove the lining? Do I need to detach something?
  • i30

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
You can easily pull down at the point I circled, as I did that to fit my dashcam power supply.

But how much it'll move is anyone's guess. That's why I suggested a flexible USB camera to poke in there and have a ganders.

Short answer (from me, anyway) is I don't know if the electricals are there.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Jesse91

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Hyundai I30 1.6L SLX
Front, middle, and side pillars, all roof handles, sunvisors, rear clips, and interior lights. Pretty much anything that touches the roof lining needs to be removed.

I would have a look at your roof, if you're lucky then you'll have the mounting points for the console and if you're really lucky they wiring for it might already be there. If the console was an avaliable option in your country or other models had it then it's more likely that you will have the wiring and mounting points there.

If not then you'll have to mount it yourself, and wire it up. I installed an overhead console from a Holden Commodore into my old Toyota Camry - Cut a hole in the roof lining, quicksteel'd some bolts to the roof for a mounting point, wired it up. Anything is possible.  :goodjob2:
  • Hyundai i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal