i30 Owners Club

Part number for GD03 in Europe?

ohwreg · 7 · 1738

Offline ohwreg

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK
Can somebody tell the part numbers that I can use for tracking down a GD-03 head unit in Europe/UK? Nothing shows up if I search for a "GD03" or "GD-03". Are these Australian-specific?
Thanks
  • i30 2016 SE NAV 1.6 CRDi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Pretty sure they are Aussie Spec. @CraigB our resident expert on these will be along shortly I reckon to confirm.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ohwreg

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK
Thanks for the reply! I thought so too. @CraigB would you know if there are any EU, UK or US units which are compatible with CarPlay and Android Auto?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the reply! I thought so too. @CraigB would you know if there are any EU, UK or US units which are compatible with CarPlay and Android Auto?

He's a couple of hours behind us (it's only 7am in Perth) You can source them from Australia and use them in the UK I'm sure other members have done it. By Aussie spec it just means they were installed in Aussie delivered i30's upon arrival from Korea and are obvu=iously different to what was being installed in European built i30's at the time. I believe they only replace the non Sat Nav versions of the original GD1/2 units. Again craig will clarify. (hopefully)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Dazz is correct :goodjob: the GD-03 is an Australian unit which will fit non satnav models in other countries too :)

Stanvac's :link: New/Recycled Korean Parts | Stanvac Korean Auto Parts | Lonsdale SA are who I've used and recommended before and they also ship to the UK, contact them via the link and mention the unit (GD-03 non satnav - no CD) and extra components required which are the USB/AUX module and interconnecting USB cable, they should hopefully be able to help you out :Good_luck:

They can also be found on eBay Australia via Ultimate Jap wreckers though they will only post international if you contact them direct, they have a bad habit of cutting the USB cable :disapp: :link: HYUNDAI I30 STEREO/HEAD UNIT 7in TOUCH SCREEN, NON SAT NAV, (GD-03), GD, 02/15-0 | eBay th

As for whether any other countries had a similar CarPlay/Android option...Not an OEM unit in a GD model that I'm aware of :undecided: but you never know :Dunno:

« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 18:39:20 by CraigB »

Offline ohwreg

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK
Many thanks to both of you. It’s all clearer now!
@CraigB why doesn’t the GD-03 fit non sat mac units? Isn’t it essentially a double din with its own fascia?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Many thanks to both of you. It’s all clearer now!
@CraigB why doesn’t the GD-03 fit non sat mac units? Isn’t it essentially a double din with its own fascia?
It fits non satnv units, not compatible with navigation models due to the shape of the lower fascia and plug connections.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal