i30 Owners Club

The Wolf goes in for it's first service...

Trips · 13 · 5090

Offline Trips

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Friday morning.

getting the headlight, bonnet and side protectors installed by Hyundai. Rather them do it as i would no doubt stuff it up somehow.

I have passed the 1000kms mark and I'm getting a real feel for the car, 5 stalls so far which is not bad considering i drive it every day. It's a car that just keeps getting better.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
are you doing oil and a filter.
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

• Was Crystal the i30 SR, now Courtney the Getz-tacy
Yep you'll find it gets better and better. An i30 with 30000 on the clock is nicer to drive than one with 3000. If you love it now...  :D

Offline Trips

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
are you doing oil and a filter.

Yes i will get them done.

it seems to be driving better every day but that could be me getting more confident in driving it  :neutral:

Offline wearyone

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Durham
Just a small point; the last two cars I've had, Chevi (only kept for just over 12 months) and a Mazda 3 both had the first service @ 10K-Miles/12months, when does the first i30 service fall due?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I'm pretty sure it's 1000km from some threads I've read, but I think that may not apply in different countries? I'm also wondering if it is compulsory to return to the dealer where you purchased your car for the first service? I'd love to NOT go back there if I can :D

Yep in Aus it is 1000km (UK don't bother with this one) it is virtually only a visual check.. (No oil or filter changes unless you ask and pay for them) ..

and you can go back to any Hyundai dealer for this and any other service...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
...when does the first i30 service fall due?

Your CRDi will be due in (first time) at 12,500 miles. Mine was the same. Eye30's 2007 model has a 10,000 mile interval - our's is 12,500 mile :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

• Was Crystal the i30 SR, now Courtney the Getz-tacy
Yep in Aus it is 1000km (UK don't bother with this one) it is virtually only a visual check.. (No oil or filter changes unless you ask and pay for them) ..

and you can go back to any Hyundai dealer for this and any other service...

That's right, some manufacturer's don't even call the 1000km one a "service". It's more of an inspection than a service.

As Dazz said, you can take it to any dealer for any service. If you have a hate on for your selling dealer you should take it to another dealer, because then the servicing dealer sends the selling dealer an inflated bill for your service. That really annoys the sales department, because it comes out of their $...  :lol:

Offline Trips

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Well it's back from the service and with the extra's put on it. The side protectors make the car look freaking awesome :D

I can see why the bonnet protector is called a "leaf collector" but i will be washing the car every week or at least every 2 weeks so that wont be an issue.

will get some pics up (too dark now to take some)

on a side note, the only bad thing i can say about my Hyundai dealer is that i took the car in at 8am and was told that it would be ready at 11:30am but they will call when done, at 3pm i had to call them and was told that it was ready ages ago. I thorght it was a bit slack but i was also charges $30 less labour then i was originally quoted so i didn't complain.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Well it's back from the service and with the extra's put on it. The side protectors make the car look freaking awesome :D

There was a white (mainland) i30 with side protectors cruising through Devonport the other day ..

It was the first time I'd seen one with protectors in the flesh.. looked great on a white one... :D

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
It was probably Camerooneys with a new engine :wink:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

It was probably Camerooneys with a new engine :wink:

Yeah, I wondered that.. Could see it was a non tassie pl8 but couldn't quite make out which State..  :'(

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hey TRIPS, that's a fine graphic in your sig, mate :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal