i30 Owners Club

Crdi oil filter

Offline dibboi30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast
Hi All,
Ryco have released and oil filter in Oz to suit the 1.6 litre diesel engine it's part number is 2655P it is cheaper than the factory filter
and Ryco say it matches the factory specs.
                 Dibbo130

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
if its a ryco filter its probably better than an original filter. IMO.   :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Dibbo..

I don't use the Dealer for my services but I prefer to use the Genuine Hyundai filters (or their idential and cheaper Kia equivilents) just to be on the safe side with the warranty ..In the case of the oil filter they are dearer than a Ryco but still only about A$22 and if you do services every 15000km it would be only be 2 per year maximum for most drivers...

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline simon@mgr

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ingham, FNQ
Thanks Dibbo..

I don't use the Dealer for my services but I prefer to use the Genuine Hyundai filters (or their idential and cheaper Kia equivilents) just to be on the safe side with the warranty ..In the case of the oil filter they are dearer than a Ryco but still only about A$22 and if you do services every 15000km it would be only be 2 per year maximum for most drivers...

Where do you get your filters from?
In Canberra they are $39.
  • 2008 FD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Manual, Grey

Offline dibboi30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast
Hi Simon,
In Brisbane Auto Barn get them in for you , I going to buy one this next think there about $26 -28 range will let you know.
I going to change mine at 7,500 k mark 15s a little long for me.
                   Cheers Ian.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

The local Hyundai Dealer (Motors) the only dealers in Tassie are known to be really dear with service and parts yet I have always paid around A$21 or $22 for the genuine Hyundai oil filter to suit my Feb 08 build CRDi ..

As mentioned in another thread I got my Fuel Filter and Air Filter froim the Kia Dealer (Identical part numbers) for $114.80 and $26.05 saving about $28 and $10 respectively.. The Oil filter they bought out for me looked too short and fat so I got that from Motors (the Hyundai Dealer) was quoted about the same amount anyway...

The Kia Soul has basically the same engine..

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
if its a ryco filter its probably better than an original filter. IMO.   :razz:

Almost certainly. Not a criticism of genuine filters, just a recognition of the fact that Ryco set out to overengineer their filters.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline simon@mgr

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ingham, FNQ
The local Hyundai Dealer (Motors) the only dealers in Tassie are known to be really dear with service and parts yet I have always paid around A$21 or $22 for the genuine Hyundai oil filter to suit my Feb 08 build CRDi ..

As mentioned in another thread I got my Fuel Filter and Air Filter froim the Kia Dealer (Identical part numbers) for $114.80 and $26.05 saving about $28 and $10 respectively.. The Oil filter they bought out for me looked too short and fat so I got that from Motors (the Hyundai Dealer) was quoted about the same amount anyway...

The Kia Soul has basically the same engine..

Mine is the JUN08 model with the Mahle (Austria) filter, element type, not spin on.
  • 2008 FD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Manual, Grey

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Mine is the JUN08 model with the Mahle (Austria) filter, element type, not spin on.

Mine is an element type too but I believe the later element is shorter and fatter (the same as the one kia tried to sell me)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Hi Simon,
In Brisbane Auto Barn get them in for you , I going to buy one this next think there about $26 -28 range will let you know.
I going to change mine at 7,500 k mark 15s a little long for me.
                   Cheers Ian.

that is no Cheaper than Hyundai charge so why would you use them?
i'll stick to Hyundai. but thanks for letting us know.
also do you know it that ios Pre March 08, or Post March 08? as both different sizes.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

that is no Cheaper than Hyundai charge so why would you use them?
i'll stick to Hyundai. but thanks for letting us know.
also do you know it that ios Pre March 08, or Post March 08? as both different sizes.

Hi John,

From previous posts of Simon and others sounds like the post Mar 08 filter is dearer (about A$38) instead of ours fot about $22.. I think it is this dearer one they are getting from Autobarn...

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
Ryco probably won't admit it but they apparently suffering because of manufacturing faults in their screw-on type filters, which is more relevant for the petrol versions. I found this out for my self, when my other car suffered an oil leak which I thought was a much more serious problem. My mechanic said it was a defect on the oil filter casing, which caused the leak. It wasn't an isolated incident, with a number of other car makes that they have serviced being returned to have the faulty Ryco units removed, and fitted with factory originals. The mechanic now refuses to use the Ryco units because it affects his reputation.

Something for you guys to keep in mind when thinking of purchasing Ryco units for petrol variants. I don't know about the cartridge versions for diesels, but with that seed of doubt...I don't know if would be bothered. So original for me.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
for warranty sake our cars use the hyundai fillters.
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal