i30 Owners Club

exhaust fault,and other stuff.

2i30s · 8 · 3549

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
have to drop the cw off at the dealers tomorrow to have the exhaust changed as the baffles in the muffler are loose inside and are rattling,the fuse box cover falls off on a daily basis and also needs to be replaced.the l/h front window motor has come loose and needs to be re tightened and the engine revs to 3000rpm on start up and wont drop down to normal idle speed for about 30 seconds.all of the faults i picked up on and told the dealers two weeks ago and they agreed with my fault finding.they are changing the compleat exhaust system,fuse box cover,re tightening the window motor [wich has been loose from the factory] and changing the idle stepper solenoid [i think thats what they called it] I'm glad we have a 5 year warranty.  :mrgreen: :cool:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Bloody hell :eek: sounds like you got a misfit there.

Has the idle stepping controller been like that since new? Sounds like it needs replacing, which is a good thing that they've acknowledged...
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
from new its done it on a cold start up and gradually become worse,i told the dealer what i thought it was two weeks ago on its scheduled service,they took an idle solenoid off of a car in the service dept and the problem was gone.they needed to order the part as the one they borrowed was off of a customers car and the part wasn't in stock. :lol: :mrgreen:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It's official your car has half of all the faults ever mentioned on this site  :wink: :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
from new its done it on a cold start up and gradually become worse,i told the dealer what i thought it was two weeks ago on its scheduled service,they took an idle solenoid off of a car in the service dept and the problem was gone.they needed to order the part as the one they borrowed was off of a customers car and the part wasn't in stock. :lol: :mrgreen:

I haven't looked at the particular design on thr i30, but often if the solenoid/stepper motor fails then the valve is gummed up and needs at least a clean.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
It's official your car has half of all the faults ever mentioned on this site  :wink: :lol:
minor things,my wife thinks her cars a lemon. i dont.  :razz:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic

I haven't looked at the particular design on the i30, but often if the solenoid/stepper motor fails then the valve is gummed up and needs at least a clean.
[/quote] I'm not touching it,the dealer is replacing it today.  :mrgreen: most of the problems on our cars have apparently been common faults according to the service manager.  :rolleyes: but I'm still happy with our cars,the dealership has bent over backwards to help us each time. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: [6 or 7 faults on 2 cars isnt much,and only small things]

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
all fixed.  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: all of the replaced parts will be sent back to hyundai for a look at to see why they failed. not bad.   :cool:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal