i30 Owners Club

spare part prices are staggeringly high or am I being ripped off ?

mrp · 3 · 3003

Offline mrp

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Hampshire
I recently bought a 2018 PD i30 1.6 crdi dct premium estate from a car supermarket and discovered some issues with it.

The spare key had been lost by supermarket on delivery as well as the SAT NAV not working due to a faulty SD CARD. The supermarket have agreed to sort the problems but I had to get quotes from my local Hyundai main dealer - Richmond Hyundai in Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK.

They quoted £546 for a new key fob with blade and coding and £494.87 for a SD Card !!!! I believe this is far more expensive than other 'premium' German car brands.

I assumed Hyundai spare parts would be much more reasonably priced or is the dealership conning me ?

Furthermore, the parts manager informed me he had an ex demo SD card which may not be the most up to date card which he would sell for £80. I informed  him I could download the latest SD Card software for free off the Hyundais own website so how could they justify the high prices. ( after some helpful people on this website pointed me in the right direction) . He pretended he didn't know this was the case.  Very poor in my opinion.

Anyway, all forwarded on the supermarket who have paid for the key and waiting for a result on the SD card.
  • 2018 i30 1.6 CRDI Premium DCT Tourer

Offline Neoteli

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
This is an old topic , yes....but I wanted to make an important point. An auto locksmith is always going to be a better option than a dealer for spare keys. Dealers like to make out that making spare keys is some kind of mystic art / rocket science. It's not.

Dealer's seem to largely be law unto themselves when it comes to pricing. One of the main reasons I decided to get a second Hyundai in the stable was because my local dealer has been great value for money with good service on the wifes car.... which is a very un-dealer like experience for me (over the last 15 years of running battles with BMW dealers  :razz: :razz:)

I recently bought a 2018 PD i30 1.6 crdi dct premium estate from a car supermarket and discovered some issues with it.

The spare key had been lost by supermarket on delivery as well as the SAT NAV not working due to a faulty SD CARD. The supermarket have agreed to sort the problems but I had to get quotes from my local Hyundai main dealer - Richmond Hyundai in Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK.

They quoted £546 for a new key fob with blade and coding and £494.87 for a SD Card !!!! I believe this is far more expensive than other 'premium' German car brands.

I assumed Hyundai spare parts would be much more reasonably priced or is the dealership conning me ?

Furthermore, the parts manager informed me he had an ex demo SD card which may not be the most up to date card which he would sell for £80. I informed  him I could download the latest SD Card software for free off the Hyundais own website so how could they justify the high prices. ( after some helpful people on this website pointed me in the right direction) . He pretended he didn't know this was the case.  Very poor in my opinion.

Anyway, all forwarded on the supermarket who have paid for the key and waiting for a result on the SD card.
  • 2022 PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.0 T-GDi, Auto, Grey

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal