i30 Owners Club

Budget Pocket Rocket

Offline succulant

• 4th Gear
  • Never buy a Citroën

• scotland Scotland
      Lanarkshire
With my i30 gracefully maturing into middle age I thought it was time for a new, all be it old, 2nd car to help me release my inner yobbo before 'life begins' on my next birthday. So last Thursday I bought this little stunner off Gumtree. Its a 2005 Suzuki Ignis VVT Sport. Only one careful lady owner until 2014 when it was purchased by a former RAC patrol man (no seriously!). 64k miles on the clock and Full Service History. When RAC guy bought it he fitted a full stainless steel exhaust and K&N filter which the receipt shows at £374 and £120 respectively. 0-60 in 8.9 and a hearty 107bhp to move its 945kg.
Its great fun to drive, really good throttle response and grips well round the country corners and is on reasonably new tyres.  It will only be a weekend car but so far I’m loving it and the stiffened suspensions make the i30 feel like a Rolls Royce  :lol:

• Comfort CRDI (115), Suzuki Ignis Sport, Rover Mini 30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Nice find. My eldest Daughter who lives in Queensland, Australia had one for 3 years before buying an R34 Nissan skyline!

She is having trouble selling it.  :disapp:

:link: 2003 Suzuki Ignis Sport Hatchback | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Caloundra Area - Caloundra West | 1098658682
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline succulant

• 4th Gear
  • Never buy a Citroën

• scotland Scotland
      Lanarkshire
Funny you should say that. I also have ebay/NewsNow alerts for R34's and 350z/350GT and will probably aquire one or the other this year. At that point the Ignis will become the wives car !

Best of luck to your daughter selling hers. The car looks good and is in the best colour IMO. They do seem to make a lot more money in other countries where as they are cheap as chips here. Mine was £1100 ($2209AU). Its a mystery why they don't hold their value here but it makes them an excellent 2nd car.
  • Comfort CRDI (115), Suzuki Ignis Sport, Rover Mini 30

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Hot hatches are awesome. Soooooo much fun.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Funny you should say that. I also have ebay/NewsNow alerts for R34's and 350z/350GT and will probably aquire one or the other this year. At that point the Ignis will become the wives car !

Best of luck to your daughter selling hers. The car looks good and is in the best colour IMO. They do seem to make a lot more money in other countries where as they are cheap as chips here. Mine was £1100 ($2209AU). Its a mystery why they don't hold their value here but it makes them an excellent 2nd car.

Thanks for that! I think I will share it in our for sale section... :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal