Hyundai PD Launch (2017 i30)

i30premy · 168 · 38066

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Interesting that the serice intervals on the petrol turbo is now 10,000km... I could have sworn I saw 5000km on the Veloster and Elantra.... I'll have to get ony desktop PC and have a look. Hyundai's​ servicing website doesn't work on tablets and phones properly

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Just trying to find the service intervals on their website (they make it so hard, but so do other brands with shorter service intervals like Honda and Mazda) If it's 12 months or 15K (or more) then it's easy to find because it's a selling point!  :rolleyes:

I actually found it easier to just look at specs in car sales... 10K (still prefer 15K myself)

https://www.carsales.com.au/bncis/details/Hyundai-i30-2017/OAG-AD-14635358/?Cr=0
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline bowski

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      QLD - Brisbane

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yep 10K for the turbo

Thanks, better than 7,500 which I think the Veloster was/is...

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
5k servicing? the oil would barley be warm.

Shame the DPF has appeared on the diesel i30, I had assumed we would avoid that again. Not a huge issue for me, but the good wife does not go far enough to keep a DPF alive.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

Shame the DPF has appeared on the diesel i30, I had assumed we would avoid that again. Not a huge issue for me, but the good wife does not go far enough to keep a DPF alive.

Considering we are now at Euro5 and will be Euro6 by the end of the year there's no way around it.
You all stress way too much on DPF's and the PD is pretty trick because it will do burns more often and more efficiently than even.
In my time I've replaced 2 DPF's. Both purely because they services at a repco or ultratune and they put basic Diesel oil in them not the C3 rated stuff.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Considering we are now at Euro5 and will be Euro6 by the end of the year there's no way around it.
You all stress way too much on DPF's and the PD is pretty trick because it will do burns more often and more efficiently than even.
In my time I've replaced 2 DPF's. Both purely because they services at a repco or ultratune and they put basic Diesel oil in them not the C3 rated stuff.

Like the battery in Hybrid car argument?

Do they have a switch to do a burn? Would be handy if you knew you were going to do a reasonable trip to let the car know.

With the i40 there is no light or way of knowing when it is going, reset the fuel economy gage the other week and saw one happen on the way home, I was surprised by how long it went on for.

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria

Do they have a switch to do a burn? Would be handy if you knew you were going to do a reasonable trip to let the car know.

With the i40 there is no light or way of knowing when it is going, reset the fuel economy gage the other week and saw one happen on the way home, I was surprised by how long it went on for.
Beerman, you say there is no lights that appear when a regen cycle to being done on your i40?

Our new Santa Fe has some suspicious fuel line that looks like it goes to the exhaust, but I have never seen it do a regen cycle. Could it have a DPF?

One thing that really stood out to me when driving the PD diesel with the DCT was how much engine vibration there was.

I'd say it was equivalent to the FD. Our GD had far less cabin vibration.

One a side note. The Navigation system in the PD is awesome!
I loved how it has that airplane cabinet announcement tone before the navigation says something, the rear speakers continue to play music while the front speakers ones tell you the directions.

The system even displays the weather and continuously changes as you drive through different suburbs.

• 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I believe the Sante Fe has had a DPF in Australia for some time.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
It is fully stealth mode, It dosent really bother me because I drive up and down the m1, so if it misses on one trip, it will do the next.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

Beerman, you say there is no lights that appear when a regen cycle to being done on your i40?

Our new Santa Fe has some suspicious fuel line that looks like it goes to the exhaust, but I have never seen it do a regen cycle. Could it have a DPF?

One thing that really stood out to me when driving the PD diesel with the DCT was how much engine vibration there was.

I loved how it has that airplane cabinet announcement tone before the navigation says something, the rear speakers continue to play music while the front speakers ones tell you the directions.

The system even displays the weather and continuously changes as you drive through different suburbs.

Santa Fe only had DPF in the very first Diesels and only with Auto transmissions. The 2.2R has never had a DPF in Australia. (The 2.0R in the IX35 has always had a DPF though)

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria

Santa Fe only had DPF in the very first Diesels and only with Auto transmissions. The 2.2R has never had a DPF in Australia. (The 2.0R in the IX35 has always had a DPF though)
Thanks cruiserfied!

• 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Tim, I don't doubt you, but that seems a weird twist, seeing as they are just starting to use one in the local i30.  :crazy2:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I'm not going to get to another PD event this Friday (other commitments)  :crazy1: I need to get a job so I have more free time!  :lol:

The guys at Motors Hyundai Devonport are going to send me some pictures and video to post on here later. In the mean time I took a couple of picture yesterday of a White SR Premium (very nice) and a Black Active? they have on display. Hadn't seen a black or a white PD in the flesh before.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Had a look at the i30 while the work iLoad was having yet another headlight bulb replaced.

At first glance looks more upmarket than the one it replaces.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Did anyone else see the full front page advert in the Daily Telegraph??

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

No?

Offline stewy76

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Anyone know if the navigation in this new model alerts you to red light & safety cameras while driving

Offline abl

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Yes, the default mode seems to be school zone, red light, speed camera, even lane ending alerts are coming through loud and clear even though I haven't programmed for this to be on and haven't used the sat nav yet. I'm going to check the manual to see if I can turned  it off.  :eek:
  • SR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal