i30 Owners Club

I've joined the pennypinching whingers HAhahaha

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

I have read lots about fuel economy on various threads both here and elsewhere.  My attitude has been somewhere along the lines that, it doesn't matter what it costs I am either gonna buy it, or not have a car.   I have to accpet that we are all (in the UK) controlled by a load of crooks and there is nowt I can do about it  Murdoch, Blair, Brown, Cameron, Osborn and on and on,  they all p*ss in the same pot, or more precisly down our leg, whilst laughing in our faces <SIGH>

Today I got invloved and filled up before leaving for a work trip, I recorded the exact milage and set off.  I held the speedo to aprox 60 MPH usuall behind a large truck and the rev counter just on or below 3.000.   I arrived home and filled up again having used 8.45 Litres of fuel and convered 95 Miles.   The fuel calculator tells me that I have achieved better than 50 miles to the gallon.

I want one of my Hyundai'ish brothers/sisters to check these numbers for me, my head is still mashed from a bad day at the 'Slave Ship' and I have got this wildely wrong...  Today was that day, I am sure you have all had this day, everything that could, went t*ts up  AAaaaaaagggghhhhhh   I am too old for this stuff.

Online AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
By my calculation the figure is 50.802139 mpg
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Thanks Alan, well this means I will never take the onboard MPG computer thingy seriously again cos it tells me I was getting 39 MPG...    I have to admit I didn't do a reset on the trip meter so thet trip meter is doing more of a long term analysis but still from 39 to 50+ is quite a jump.   I shall let the tank run down a bit now before I do another breakdown...

Watch this space  :goodjob:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal