HELP!!! oil change on 2008 i30 Diesel

Chrisso · 10 · 1368

Offline Chrisso

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Gold Coast
2008 Hyundai i30 Diesel CRDi
No not another oil thread
It's a new oil filter is to tight thread.
Ordered same part number as old oil filter Ryco R2695P
New one is too tight had to really push it into canister where's old one falls in.
Same with bayonet on cap , way too tight.
Also O rings slightly different in size...
Crazy!!!
Same part number.
Only difference old one has Made in Bulgaria 2214 opposite part number.
New one has 2304 in same place.
There was also another new one in back of the car ,same Ryco R2695P part No but opposite it had 2134.
One in back was new and as tight as the other new one.
Undid it cos was all way too tight, called shop they looked and had no ideas.
I've had to put the oil filter back in the car to make it driveable.
The oil is changed 10-40 Full Synthetic but till we can come up with a filter that fits the old one will have to do...
Any ideas what's going on.
HELP!!!!
  • 2008 i30 diesel

Offline Greyhound

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
If you put your car VIN number in on partsouk website https://partsouq.com/ you should be able to find the item and its part number for your specific vehicle.

Others here on the forum, with same model and engine, may also be able to point you to a compatible part.
  • i30 PD 2020 1.0 T-GDi

Offline Chrisso

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Gold Coast
I have the part number off the old filter but the new one I ordered with that part number is different
  • 2008 i30 diesel

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I would try and change brand as a first step -eg Cooper (Wesfil) oil filter. Maybe from Bursons stores.

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
@ Chrisso. I believe GUD Holdings is the Australian  manufacturer of Ryco filters etc.  I would be contacting their tech support for assistance.
  • 2018 i30 PD SR Auto 1.6 Turbo Hatch (Sparkling Metal)

Offline PGN I30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
They are tight to fit when new, so is the small o-ring, the larger o-ring is generally easy, also is 10w40 oil recommended, I use 5w30 fully synthetic oil.
The other codes you are seeing are possibly date codes, year first then week made.
Looking online, you seem to have the correct filter in my opinion, you just need to persevere with the fitting of it,👍

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
The first time I changed the oil filter on my car I bought the filter from the Hyundai dealer, opened up the carton and found it was a Mahle part. Since then I've sourced that same part, or equivalents from reputable manufacturers like Mann or Hengst. The filter from the dealer wasn't stupidly expensive. I do my own intermediate oil change so used the OE part while the car was still under warranty. The flexible skirt on the end caps of the filter is a tight push fit over the filter holder, so it does take a bit of force to make it seat properly. Push the cap down hard until it seats on the engine, then screw it in by hand, making sure the threads engage properly. It takes a fair bit or torque to compress the big o-ring as it is drawn inwards (lubricate it first), once it's in the torque drops off until the cap fully seats. Don't over-tighten it or you risk cracking it.
  • i30 CRD

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
@ Chrisso. I believe GUD Holdings is the Australian  manufacturer of Ryco filters etc.  I would be contacting their tech support for assistance.

@ Chrisso.  So, how did it work out for you?  Were any of the members' posts helpful?

Offline Chrisso

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Gold Coast
Well not really,the Ryco part number is the same and either of the new ones will not go in.
So I had to just put the old one back in with new oil.
Someone suggest to use excessive force but it just don't seem right to do that.
Also vacuum bleeding the clutch  and blocking the pulse valve didn't give a full clutch release, that was the other problem with the car.
The owner drives trucks so is ok with the clutch pedal only really doing anything when fully depressed...
From what I read on here it's probably a collapsed clutch release bearing.
Can't find anything relating to oil filter difficulty fit though....
  • 2008 i30 diesel

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Well not really,the Ryco part number is the same and either of the new ones will not go in.
So I had to just put the old one back in with new oil.
Someone suggest to use excessive force but it just don't seem right to do that.

Can't find anything relating to oil filter difficulty fit though....

Sorry to hear that you haven't sorted the issue.  The problem with reusing the old filter is that eventually (and preferably, sooner rather than later) you will have to fit a new filter.  Sorry I cannot help you, I have no knowledge or experience with diesels...especially with replacing diesel oil filters.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal