i30 Owners Club

Hyundai wins TCR Title in Germany

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
:link: Max Hesse claims title after controversial photo-finish with Antti Buri - TouringCarTimes

Max Hesse claims title after controversial photo-finish with Antti Buri
22 hours ago
By Tamara Aller
Team Engstler’s Max Hesse, driving a Hyundai i30 N TCR, claimed the 2019 TCR Germany championship title following a sensational photo-finish with LMS Racing’s Antti Buri at Sachsenring. Buri won the race by eleven thousands of a second and finished on the same points as Hesse in the championship, only to receive a post-race penalty and dropped to third position.
Lubner Motorsport 2’s Philipp Regensperger started from the reversed grid pole position at the wheel of his Opel Astra TCR, with Team Halder’s Marcel Fugel alongside him. Championship leader Hesse was the best-placed championship contender on the grid, starting from fifth place.
Marcel Fugel took the lead at the start of the race ahead of Münnich Motorsport team owner and driver René Münnich. Hesse moved forward to third place during the opening lap. Likewise, reigning champion Harald Proczyk, who started from eighth place on the grid for HP Racing International, climbed to fifth position.

continues in link above
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal