i30 Owners Club

The good and bad dealers of Hyundai

meehalych · 48 · 15424

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Let's tell the world about Hyundai dealers and warn it about a worse one or direct to a good one:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
May need to be cautious there because if one person has a bad experience at a dealership, someone else might have a good one.
One swallow doesn't make a summer.   :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Good point Dave  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
If a dealer does good, let's put it here, with their Country, location & name.
If they do bad, then likewise.

should be easy to conclude who is good / bad  :neutral:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
May need to be cautious there because if one person has a bad experience at a dealership, someone else might have a good one.

I would be say NO as anything which is written here, especially if it is indicating poor service etc and the dealer feels that they have been misrepresented, may be subject to legal action - i.e Libel
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

If a dealer does good, let's put it here, with their Country, location & name.
If they do bad, then likewise.

should be easy to conclude who is good / bad  :neutral:
yes.
There are similar threads dedicated to this subject in Russian forums, so one can conclude what dealer is trustworthy
I wish I had read a similar topic about that Opel's RRT, then I wouldn't have lost 10000 rub

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Actually, I looked into this a while back. Providing only factual events are logged to back up an opinion, there can't be retribution via libel law.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Russia:
Saint-Petersburg:
Dacar in Krjijanovsky street - a warranty department is awful. I'll never, ever come to them again.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Actually, I looked into this a while back. Providing only factual events are logged to back up an opinion, there can't be retribution via libel law.

You can't be prosecuted for telling the truth. In this democratic forum, a dealer has equal right to state their case if they feel misrepresented. Too bad none have accepted the challenge, Benfield's where are you  :question:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Russia:
Saint-Petersburg:
Dacar in Krjijanovsky street - a warranty department is awful. I'll never, ever come to them again.

Thanks mate.. I'll try to avoid using them for my next car  :goodjob: :whistler:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Thanks mate.. I'll try to avoid using them for my next car  :goodjob: :whistler:
:lol:
that was mostly created for you, mates; inspired by a topic of our new member, who had shared his good experience with a local dealer over steering wheel's leather problem (you keep on trying to reveal what dealer he had been to)

Offline feldom

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Ilkley

• Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Difficult one this !
I took mine into a local dealer for its 2 year service. They reported, quote "Requires front tracking check very slight pull to left on road test" Cost £41.70. I did the hands off test on a straight road. Car went absolutely straight. Did same test to the left of the camber. Car moved to left. Did same to the right. Car moved to right.
This type of road test can obviously be very subjective. One can only rely on the experience of the person performing it.
Pure coincidence that the discounted price given to me for the service was about £40 less than Hyundai standard price.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Pure coincidence that the discounted price given to me for the service was about £40 less than Hyundai standard price.

:Yeah: :neutral:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
They reported, quote "Requires front tracking check very slight pull to left on road test" Cost £41.70. I did the hands off test on a straight road. Car went absolutely straight.

I wonder whether one tyre was under/over inflated then altered prior to you picking the car up?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
They reported, quote "Requires front tracking check very slight pull to left on road test" Cost £41.70. I did the hands off test on a straight road. Car went absolutely straight.

I wonder whether one tyre was under/over inflated then altered prior to you picking the car up?
The real problem here is the road the dealer uses for road tests. They should be using a stretch they are familiar with and is level. If they aren't, the result will be skewed.
Or they could just be trying to recoup that 40 quid. :whistler:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

It can be difficult too if one department is helpful and another isn't.

For example, Motors Devonort service department were generally quite helpful and cooperative when I too Trish's CW in the other day to have it checked due to some tappet noise. The only negative was that they said they couldn't view the MP4 Video clip I gave them of the noise.. (need to try harder!) They later sent me a text message asking me to reply  Yes or No to "did I receive good service" I replied Yes... :confused:

Whereas, the last few times I have visited Devonport's Sales area they have been quite off hand (and virtually given me the cold shoulder) I guess they see me as a tyre kicker .. The previous guys who have all gone to the local Ford/Suzuki dealer were much more welcoming and friendly.. I am not impressed  :fum: as over the years I have bought 6 brand new cars from them and 5 from Von Bibra Motors (which they bought out) .... Looks very much like our next Hyundai will be from Burnie :whistler:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
 :Agoodpost: Dazz, just tell it like it is.  :goodjob2:

Offline feldom

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Ilkley

• Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
I think that all car francise dealers are as bad as one another. If Hyundai did a quick trawl through this forum it would give them a general idea of how bad (or good?) they are doing with regard to customer satisfaction.
Perhaps main dealers are making enough money not to worry about bl**dy customers?

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
What better place to find out how your cars and company are truly performing. AFAIK there are no commercial arrangements in place  :D so this is the truth right here  :neutral:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I think that all car francise dealers are as bad as one another. If Hyundai did a quick trawl through this forum it would give them a general idea of how bad (or good?) they are doing with regard to customer satisfaction.
Perhaps main dealers are making enough money not to worry about bl**dy customers?

I doubt it.. Things are tough out there...  :undecided:

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I have to say that my dealings with Sunco Motors at Currimundi have all been professionally handled. But even more importantly, the people I have dealt with have been pleasant and personable.
The guy who sold me my car, Will Mckechnie, is still there 2½ years later and I went back to him yesterday with my daughter to buy an Accent.
Once again, the process was painless and professional.
Well done Suncoast Motors.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
Russia:
Saint-Petersburg:
carefull Misha,you may have them come too you.   :scared::whistler: :rofl:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

The guy who sold me my car, Will Mckechnie, is still there 2½ years later and I went back to him yesterday with my daughter to buy an Accent.

Can you tell us all about it,  in another thread please Trev (if you haven't already?) I've still got some threads to read ... :cool:

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Can you tell us all about it,  in another thread please Trev (if you haven't already?) I've still got some threads to read ... :cool:
OK Dazz, didn't think there was any more to tell but maybe you're right. I can put something together. Will do it after tomorrow.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks, we are always interested in family Hyundai purchases (any family car purchase for that matter) e.g. colour, model, engine, first impressions, happy , not so happy .. you get the idea  :lol:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Don't encourage him Daz, that's just another post I'm gonna have to read....and I'm struggling to keep up as it is.... :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Don't encourage him Daz, that's just another post I'm gonna have to read....and I'm struggling to keep up as it is.... :lol:

Yeah, me too... I haven't had time to take a dump for 3 days  :snigger:

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Don't encourage him Daz, I'm struggling to keep it up as it is.... :lol:
:snigger:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline ryane

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney: Blue mountains
So today I took my car to Hyundai service centre at Penrith first thing in the morning. Straight away the gentleman who serves me was polite and explained everything that would happen.

He then asked me did I need a lift back home and I told him no thanks I will grab a taxi to the station to get to work. To my surprised he said wait a minute. He returned with a set of keys to a brand new Ix35. With only 250km and was told I could use it for the day and if I didn't make it back by 5pm when they closed to just call and let them know.

I returned this afternoon to find my car had been fitted with a replacement steering rack under warranty.

Fantastic service right from the start. An to be offered a hire car at no cost and with out booking it was icing on the cake.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal