i30 Owners Club

TCR will be Broadcast Live on SBS in Australia & Streamed on Speedcafe

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Greg Rust and Aaron Noonan have been confirmed as the hosts of both the free-to-air broadcast and live stream for the TCR Australia Series.
Available on Australian free-to-air broadcaster SBS in HD, the live stream will also be available globally via the TCR Australia and Shannons Nationals website.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Greg Rust and Aaron Noonan have been confirmed as the hosts of both the free-to-air broadcast and live stream for the TCR Australia Series.
Available on Australian free-to-air broadcaster SBS in HD, the live stream will also be available globally via the TCR Australia and Shannons Nationals website.

What the *^%* is TCR?

Fearing this was a new disease spread by some unknown migrants called Noon and Rust , I phoned Shannons who I trust.

Its Touring Cars  doing stuff...Right ?  :victory:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline mrpayner

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat
Awesome .. I heard about this a little while ago and wanted to see how it went. Hopefully it generates a good following.

I've looked ahead on the guide and it's on SBS-HD Saturday May 18th at 1400hrs-1500hrs, and Sunday May 19th at 1300hrs-1500hrs.

Thanks for the information!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 07:51:30 by mrpayner »
  • 2019 Hyundai i30 N-Line Premium - 1.6lt T - DCT - Fluidic Metal

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

What the *^%* is TCR?

Fearing this was a new disease spread by some unknown migrants called Noon and Rust , I phoned Shannons who I trust.

:link: TCR Australia Official Website | Homologated Cars | TCR Series

Bloody Kiwis! Try to keep up.  :crazy1:

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
SO MUCH EXCITEDNESS. WWOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

What the *^%* is TCR?

Could be early symptoms of Hypothermia :scared:

I think I'm ready for a change. Losing interset with V8s and with Ricciardo diving into a crap team and going nowhere TCR looks like it's going to be hot. Some serious pride at stake looking at the players. :mrgreen:
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Must remember to watch it! :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

What the *^%* is TCR?

Could be early symptoms of Hypothermia :scared:

I think I'm ready for a change. Losing interset with V8s and with Ricciardo diving into a crap team and going nowhere TCR looks like it's going to be hot. Some serious pride at stake looking at the players. :mrgreen:

V8SC has become over regulated and highest bid wins sort of show.
I stopped watching, except for Bathurst, when they went to foxtel. Haven't missed it at all.

I'm so pumped for some back to basics Touring Car racing. As long as they let the drivers race, it will be great. Already huge interest in the series.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
So what's the deal with the TCR series, I can see they're limited to factory engines at a maximum size of 2ltr (petrol and diesel), all vehicles listed show 350BHP which tells me certain engine modifications must have been done...are they restricted to no more than 350BHP :undecided:

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
So what's the deal with the TCR series, I can see they're limited to factory engines at a maximum size of 2ltr (petrol and diesel), all vehicles listed show 350BHP which tells me certain engine modifications must have been done...are they restricted to no more than 350BHP :undecided:

The TCR regulations, formulated by former World Touring Car Championship manager Marciello Lotti, were developed in 2014 as a cost-effective touring car racing alternative.

Eligible cars include all front-wheel drive C-Segment hatchbacks or sedans, powered by production–based turbocharged petrol or diesel engines with a capacity of up to 2-litres.

There are currently four internationally-sanctioned TCR Series competing around the world, plus 12 national or regional series utilising the TCR regulations as their main rule book.

Manufacturers with cars currently homologated to TCR Series rules around the world include Audi, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Peugeot, Renault, Subaru and Volkswagen, among others.

TCR Series rules stipulate that fully-fledged factory owned entires are prohibited, however, car manufacturers are encouraged to support its cars entered by professional or private teams.

The category has produced some of the most breath-taking, close and exciting motor racing, thanks to its level playing field amongst a wide-range of car manufacturers from around the globe.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
@cruiserfied I'd read that on the TCR site but it still doesn't explain what the limitations on power are.

A stock Hyundai N is 270BHP - the TCR N is 350BHP as is every other vehicle listed so I was assuming 350BHP must be the limit on the mix of the 1500/1600/1800/2000 engines used :Dunno:

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Well you know as much as me then.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
I have only read the FIA regs for 2018 WTCR.
No power figures are mentioned.
Engines are sealed and supplied by manufacturer.
ECU's are sealed and cannot be overwritten.
Boost can be adjusted by FIA officials under balance of performance to even out the vehicles.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I was thinking there must be some piggyback tunning done like Racechip or such to be able to achieve a 70BHP increase, intercooler and downpipe upgrades might be allowed also at that power increase if they're not allowed to open the engines :undecided:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
@cruiserfied I'd read that on the TCR site but it still doesn't explain what the limitations on power are.

A stock Hyundai N is 270BHP - the TCR N is 350BHP as is every other vehicle listed so I was assuming 350BHP must be the limit on the mix of the 1500/1600/1800/2000 engines used :Dunno:

Watch it Craig, you're starting to sound like me.  :faint:   :evil:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

Jeeez, Kettle calling the pot black.   :happydance:

But hey I agree, its back to good old man on man racing. Brilliant.  :goodjob2:

Thanks mate. I'll be watching.

PS. Back home in Jan, I watched some crazy racing - SsangYong Utes.
:link: Watch Some SsangYong Pickup Truck Racing from New Zealand - autoevolution

« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 15:54:20 by nzenigma »

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/171222_2018_wtcr_technical_regulations_draft_v01.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjIuaTuvY7iAhWLP48KHSh1B_EQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1xoeJvOqs7phyA0S5r8aWV&cshid=1557406851370

@CraigB This should link to the 2018 regs.
Thanks Tim, yeah the ECU's are sealed as you mentioned so no adjustments or piggyback setups there, any OEM intercooler can be used up to 8ltrs, looks like different turbos or impellers may be permitted (I'm not sure on that one :undecided: ) exhaust changes after the turbo are allowed with using regulated Catalytic and exhaust needs to be within the 110 dba at 6000rpm.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
One extra thing.
Subaru is involved.
Yet they are 4WD.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Jeeez, Kettle calling the pot black.   :happydance:

But hey I agree, its back to good old man on man racing. Brilliant.  :goodjob2:

Thanks mate. I'll be watching.

PS. Back home in Jan, I watched some crazy racing - SsangYong Utes.
:link: Watch Some SsangYong Pickup Truck Racing from New Zealand - autoevolution

Thanks for the link Gary. Well that was better than I expected! :crazy2:

One extra thing.
Subaru is involved.
Yet they are 4WD.

That seems unfair!  :undecided:

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
One extra thing.
Subaru is involved.
Yet they are 4WD.

:eek: :eek: :scared: :scared: :faint: :faint:
Kelly Bros Racing has entered a couple. Australian Rally Champion,  Molly Taylor is driving one of them.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

One extra thing.
Subaru is involved.
Yet they are 4WD.

Kelly Bros Racing has entered a couple. Australian Rally Champion,  Molly Taylor is driving one of them.

..and I believe she's a pretty good steerer too!  :eek:

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
One extra thing.
Subaru is involved.
Yet they are 4WD.

Yeah i'd seen. It was an "Oh yeah" moment

Offline mrpayner

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat
Just found this clip on YouTube of the FIA World TCR version .. I expect we'll see similar type of action in our local series too.. The race begins about 18 minutes  in..

• 2019 Hyundai i30 N-Line Premium - 1.6lt T - DCT - Fluidic Metal

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for  that. I think there is a dedicated channel for TCR on you tube. When I'm not busy I must watch some, including that one.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
The TCR footage I've seen is  excellent.
My only concern is that, the British and European Touring car championships based on 2litre cars in the past were also excellent but didn't translate well to Australia.  The cars were the same but the racing suffered from poor numbers and a dearth of competitive cars.
Hopefully TCR will not go the same way.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal