i30 Owners Club

Raspberry Pi 2 B

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Last week I splashed out on a Raspberry Pi.  I already have a spare monitor or two and enough wires and leads to start my own BDSM club....

So, I plugged it in with an SD card preloaded with Raspbian OS and struggled to remember <sudo apt-get update> and a gazillion other commands.  GUI really makes us lazy doesn't it, not to mention becoming lax in the memory department.  I seldom have to remember anything these days, when in my car a nice lady tells me where to go, when I go to work my iPad solves any legal issues which arise and it's calendar tells me where I should be 'Monday, you need to go to Mid Wales'.

Anyway. back to the story, it is so long since I used the command line that it took me ages to get the sound working 'amixer cset'....   so, here we are on the interweb and guess who I am trying it out on. 

I own up right up front, I am using the GUI right now  :happydance: :happydance:

£34 UKPs and I just know I am gonna have loads of fun with it.  I will do some of the experimental projects 'Laser motion detector' sounds intersting  :razz:...

OK I am now going up to my office to my real computer to check if this has arrived...

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Sorry Asa, this is all I can see

"ns"
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
@ Steve, very good Asa...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal