i30 Owners Club

Key code

Offline mtuckeruk

• 2nd Gear
What do you do if you have lost your key code for your keys, one of my keys has died and I need to reprogramme a new set? Hyundai are asking for code, which I dont have

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Is the code not stuck somewhere in your owners pack? My "non-fob" key has a dangly sticker with it on... a copy of which is lodged in my starter pack
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Online AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
My spare key had a black plastic tag on the key ring bearing the key code.

Just in case it ever got lost - I copied the code onto my car registration document and in the car service manual. Belt and braces I know, but I have PhD in losing things
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Hy should be able to give the code from their central records based on the VIN number.

Sometimes the dealer who sold the car may have the details.

and finally,

when the dealer connects the gizmo to the car I believe it will ask for the code but the code is also held in the ECU .
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Funky

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
The six digit immobiliser code to allow programming of keys is only available from hyundai, and is logged with the build details of the car. It is only available online via Hyundai GSW if you have authorised access (ie Dealer only).

The 4 digit code that is on a label supplied with the keys is the Key cut pattern code of the blade.

In any case the key should be covered by warranty..

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Yep, the tag is only for the blade pattern, you don't get the code for programming, the dealer has to hook the car up to the Hyundai computer and it downloads the unlocks to the fob.

I would be questioning my dealer if they asked me to provide the code for them :Shocked: :question: :question:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
The dealership uses what's called (probably just in Hyundai circles) vin-to-pin. They get the pin (8 digit key code) from their system according to the vin they enter.

If they get it wrong, as they did with mine once, it all goes horrible, as I documented in this old thread
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal