i30 Owners Club

Filler problems

Offline stuart b

• 1st Gear
Just logged on to this forum great to see, have had I 30 crd slx for  2 years and love it but would like to hear from any one else who has problems with there fuel filler .Ours clicks of at about 45 litres and then takes 5 mins to fill it up very frustrating. Apart from that we love the car

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Welcome Stuart... :)

Having trouble filling the tank completely seems to be "par for the course" with the CRDi.
If it bothers you, just fill it to the first click.....you'll still go a long way on 45 litres.....

Cheers  8)

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
its all to do with the diesel, not the car... (well the car plays a minor part in it too)

diesel "foams" up when you pour it... the higher grade diesel's dont do it as bad, its quite annoying yes. but there is little we can do about it, you could try only filling it at half trigger, the slower fuel may not foam as much!

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
also try and avoid using Hy fill pumps,the ones used to fast fill trucks.  :idea:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline stuart b

• 1st Gear
Hi thanks for the reply i know diesel foams and hi flow pumps only makes matters worse, but have 4wd and its diesel and dosn't have the same problem feel it could be size of filler neck maybe??? is it the same size as petrol don't know ? overall love the car :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi thanks for the reply i know diesel foams and hi flow pumps only makes matters worse, but have 4wd and its diesel and dosn't have the same problem feel it could be size of filler neck maybe??? is it the same size as petrol don't know ? overall love the car :)

I reckon the 45 litres you are putting in is filling the tank (you may have up to 8 litres still remaining in the tank) and the remaining 7 odd litres some are getting in is in the relatively long and narrow filler neck (Which I would imagine is the same in both variants..) :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal