i30 Owners Club

i30 CRDi horn failure - replacement

Rof · 6 · 6291

Offline Rof

• 2nd Gear
Hi.  I've had problems with my horn on my i30 failing three times now. The first two times Hyundai replaced the fuse.  The third time they finally replaced the horn.  As the failure happened on occasions when I need to use it, it's a little concerning.  So, my advice to anyone with horn issues is to get Hyundai to replace the horn, not fix the symptom.

If you've had this problem, please post what happened as I hope I'm not the only one out there with a Hyundai i30 sick note.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
I don't think anyone else has ever reported a faulty horn, but it's good to know if a fuse fails then a new horn is a likely requirement. Did they have to replace bothe high and low notes, or just one (they are seperate units).

Offline Rof

• 2nd Gear
Just checked the copy of the repairs undertaken - they fitted a new low pitch horn.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Ah ok.  Perhaps the short was due to water ingress, usually is in horns. If you have a jet wash stay clear of the blighters. They use a suprising amount of current, even when working normally.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Offline Rof

• 2nd Gear
Eye30.  Cheers.  Hadn't got this one but had been advised to contact the IAEA by Consumer Direct and Trading Standards.  WIll try this one out.  Thanks!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal