i30 Owners Club

Android Auto GD-03 - no audio

Offline neworderarmy

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Australia
Hi all,

I own an i30 with GD-03 head unit and looks like it is compatible for Android Auto. I found a link on this site to install the latest firmware.

Installation seemed to go well, and everything is updated however there is NO audio through Android Auto. Everything else is fine ie. Radio, Bluetooth audio, but for some reason Android Auto is just muted completely (including Spotify playing through the app). When I have the radio on I can hear the audio "ducking" as if where Google Assistant would be talking, but there's no actual audio being output. Visually however, it all seems to be working.

Anybody know of this issue and how to fix?

My only idea is to redownload the firmware using the Dropbox link (I had used a Mega Uploads link floating around these forums) and go through the installation process fresh again. Fingers crossed. Any help much appreciated.
  • i30 2016 model

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Run the update again and make sure to initialise the system when completed.

Just so I’m sure we’re talking about the same system, is it the non satnav unit with a voice button at the bottom and no CD player?

Offline StokeyBry

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Stoke on Trent United kingdom
Make sure all these are the same on your head unit, if not it would require to repeat the process until they match up

SW Ver: 2.05.10
Micom: 3.28.00
Platform: 1.76.00
  • I30 2013 GD 5 Door Hatchback Petrol 1.4 Manual Active

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal