i30 Owners Club

Help with FD-01 firmware PLEASE!

Offline seanamor

• 1st Gear

• Port Macquarie
Hi all, first post here. My son just got a 2011 i30 with the FD-01 head unit. He is having problems with bluetooth connectivity; he has an iPhone but we have also tried it on my Android and same result. Will initially connect and stays paired successfully. Next time you stop the engine and restart it tried to pair but won't. Very frustrating. We have pulled the fuse to reset the radio but still the same.

I've read about firmware upgrades, available via cartronics, and have seen firmware dropbox links for other models on this site, but not the FD-01.

Would any kind person be able to point me in the direction I might find it?

I did call Hyundai and they want $150 just to look at it. If it came to that I would prefer to put the $ to a new head unit, but as my son is a student the $ are tight.

Cheers Sean
  • Hyundai i30

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Hi, Sean. Welcome to the forum. Firty predates Bluetooth and I use USBs, cables or an inexpensive USB powered Bluetooth adapter from eBay.

I think you'll find most FD-01 owners upgrade to a later head unit or an aftermarket model, but let's give the grey-beards and tech-heads a little time and watch for responses. Good luck! :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline seanamor

• 1st Gear

• Port Macquarie
Yep I'm kind of thinking that's my options. But my son is a student and a couple shifts at the burger joint a week means we are looking for the least expensive options first! It kind of half works... also with the cable it works fine if playing songs from the phone, but being a new P plater he's not allowed to touch his phone and I am looking to remove any temptation in doing so. Would be interesting just to see if I can flash the firmware as a first step. Cheers
  • Hyundai i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I doubt very much there would be an update available due to the age of the vehicle, if the car was serviced at Hyundai they would do a check for updates and if any were found they'd be done free of charge.

You could ask Hyundai service over the phone for the last firmware version available for your unit to compare.

Offline seanamor

• 1st Gear

• Port Macquarie
Yep, asked the question. Need to book it in and $150 to look at it.
  • Hyundai i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Yep, asked the question. Need to book it in and $150 to look at it.
Try another Hyundai service centre, that's a shit response from whichever store you've contacted :disapp: all you want to know is the last firmware version number for your model.

Hopefully there will be several other Australian FD-01 owners who'll be able to confirm their firmware version's.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal