i30 Owners Club

Warranty Woes

Offline Heidi

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Twice this year I've had problems with my i30. First it was misfiring due to a faulty fuel injector and more recently, the aircon compressor failed. The car is still under warranty, but to make a booking with a dealer involves a wait of at least two weeks. Even then, the repair may not be done on the date of booking. In the case of the faulty fuel injector, the car was out of action for three days and no loan car was available and even if it was, the $5000 excess for accident damage is excessive. In the case of the aircon compressor, I got a local auto electrician to replace it as I had a road trip planned. The wait for a booking was only two days and it was repaired same day, but it was expensive. When i owned a Honda previously, the wait time was usually only a matter of days and the dealers always seem to have a 'floating' mechanic who could at least look at the problem. When I've visited the Hyundai dealers there are any number of people to sell you a car, but not enough to service them. I have complained to Hyundai as its dealer network obviously cannot cope with the workload. The responses from Hyundai have been unedifying. However, I feel the warranty is severely compromised if problems cannot be attended to in a reasonable time. It may even be a breach of Australian Consumer Law. Has anybody else had a similar experience? Can a two week wait be considered reasonable? Has anybody checked their rights under Australian Consumer Law? Any lawyers out there? I would be interested to hear your views.  :(
  • i30 N-Line

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal