Superb Customer Service

AlanHo · 11 · 20781

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Ann - the mother of one of my wife's (Libby's) sons in law had a road accident last month which wrote off her 4 year old Honda Civic.

The incident shook her up quite badly and she rushed into buying a replacement car. She is a widow and a good driver but hasn't a clue what goes on under the bonnet.

Libby recommended she look at the Hyundai range at our local dealership - Motorfair - located in East Birmingham. Libby offered to take her there because we have a bought 5 cars from there in the past 6 years and have enjoyed excellent service. However - Ann didn't wait until we were back home from holiday and went there alone - looked at new models and their stock of used cars - and bought a 15 month old i20 1.2 petrol with 12,000 miles on the clock.

Fast forward three weeks, we are back from holiday and Ann mentions that she hates her new car. Amongst a long list of gripes was the boot is too small, the 1.2 petrol engine is feeble, it only has 5 gears whereas her Civic had 6 speeds, there was no arm rest, a small glove box, nowhere for her to have a bottle of water to hand and the car just didn't suit. She was really upset that she had rushed into the deal without really thinking it through and was an unhappy bunny.

Libby took Ann back to Motorfair today and explained to the dealer principal the circumstances. Ann had bought the wrong car and was most unhappy with it.

To cut a long story short they took the i20 back at the price she paid 4 weeks ago and spent 2 hours with her road testing the various models.  She needed a petrol car because she does not drive long distances regularly and they encouraged her to test drive three used i30's which had a 6 speed box, bigger engine, bigger boot and more bells and whistles.

The bottom line is that she bought a 12 month old i30 Active 1.4 petrol with 10,800 miles on the clock in pristine condition, in exchange for the 2 year old i20 for the price she paid plus £3.400.

To say that she is over-joyed is no exaggeration and the dealership are to be commended.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 21:47:49 by AlanHo »
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Well done Motorfair, East Birmingham, :goodjob2: :goodjob: :hatoff:  and this is all the way from Australia.

Lillydale Hyundai, TAKE NOTE, this is customer service.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Great story Alan.
Result!
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Glad to see they put the customer first.

Many miles of happy carefree motoring to  Ann.
 New member to keep an eye on you Alan?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose
Commendable.
Now that IS proper Service  :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for sharing that story Alan, definitely lifted my mood.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
In this day and age it is hard to find genuine good service. That is a great outcome and will only serve the company well . Word of mouth in my opinion is worth more than spending thousands on advertising. :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
In this day and age it is hard to find genuine good service. That is a great outcome and will only serve the company well . Word of mouth in my opinion is worth more than spending thousands on advertising. :goodjob2:

:whsaid:

Well done, Motorfair, East Birmingham.    :goodjob2:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Wingerdave

• 5th Gear
  • Brummie born and bred

• nl Netherlands
      Raamsdonksveer
Some awesome stuff in Birmingham  :snigger:
  • 2015 i30 GO! 1.6 GDi 5d Hatch, 6MT, Phantom Black

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Now that is how to make sure a costumer isn't just a one-time-only costumer. Well done..  :goodjob2:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal