i30 Owners Club

FD Rear door won't open

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
I just noticed the rear passenger side door of my 2011 FD won't open. It won't unlock using the central locking, nor do the external or internal door handles work. I don't seem to have any way of opening the door. Is it possible to remove the door card if the door is stuck closed, or somehow get to the lock mechanism to get the door open?
  • i30 CRD

Online eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Same happened to me a week ago with my gd.
Person in back.
Pulled inside lever, not working.
I pulled outside handle, not working.

Went shopping and all working when returned.

Only explanation was it had neen really cold overnight so only assume frozen inside door.

Yours seems it is a faulty mechanism.
My son's fd had similar  but his would open randomly.
It was due mot for which not being able to open door is a failure.

Not sure what was done but said garage sprayed into door area, how or with what not known, but since then he has had no further problem.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
Update. For some inexplicable reason the door lock is working now. MoT runs out in a couple of weeks so I'll see if it passes without needing uneconomic repairs, then maybe I'll have a look at the lock.

I also found the bonnet latch spring had broken, the one that you have lift to raise the bonnet after popping the main latch. A trip to the local DIY store to fetch some 1.5mm diameter piano wire, and I was able to fabricate a replacement spring to get the latch working properly.
  • i30 CRD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal