i30 Owners Club

Picked up car today - problems already

Offline rc_prestige

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Picked up my Premium petrol today. It was right before they closed, and I had a recent model Elantra before this (I hated it so traded it) and told them not to worry about showing me how things work as it should be fairly similar, and I'd test driven a few of them.

First I have trouble pairing my iphone 4S with bluetooth. It pairs, but when I try to call, it just freezes. When I dial a number on the handset itself, it changes from i30 back to iphone by itself (meaning it won't play through the i30). It also won't load up my phone book, which I've read a few reports of.

Then I notice the interior lights don't turn on when I unlocked the car at night. I checked that it was set to the door picture, also tried the other switch positions. The lights will turn on when I press them, or put the switch to on. But nothing when on the door icon. What the hell?

When I press the open boot button on the remote control key (and hold the button down) it seems to unlock the whole car.

Very annoyed. Taking a trip to the dealer tomorrow morning. On the up side, it drives nicely.
  • i30 Premium

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
How frustrating I hope they sort it all out for ya then ya can get on with enjoying your new car  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
sorry your having so many niggling problems, but ALL the I30 onwers I have talked to over here,even the dealers and phone techs can't get the phonebook of their android or I phones to download into the the I30 ,if anyone has the answer I'd  like to hear it also,I have lost count how many times I have had to manually enter phone numbers and names into Bruce and Cyril,because some mechanic thought it was needed to disconnect the battery.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Sounds like the pre-delivery test was not performed very well.. :disapp:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Wittendorff
sorry your having so many niggling problems, but ALL the I30 onwers I have talked to over here,even the dealers and phone techs can't get the phonebook of their android or I phones to download into the the I30 ,if anyone has the answer I'd  like to hear it also,I have lost count how many times I have had to manually enter phone numbers and names into Bruce and Cyril,because some mechanic thought it was needed to disconnect the battery.

I have no problems. We have an Iphone 4, 4s and a LUMIA 800 connected without any problems. Prior to the 800, I had an Android device, also no problems.

/Jakob

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I have i-Phone 3GS and have no problems - phone book downloaded ok.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I have no problem getting any of our phones to connect to either car just can't get the phonebooks to upload,I have the HTC One android phone.
Rick
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline rc_prestige

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Took it back today. Turns out the boot button is fine - my mistake there.

They didn't know what was causing the lights issue, they said it could be a fuse or something not switched on correctly (somewhere)... Taking it in Tuesday morning to have someone hopefully find and fix that small problem.

They looked at the bluetooth for me, and it worked fine with her iphone (same as mine) and then it worked with my mates iphone also. She said it's probably an issue with having too many contacts as the contact list uploaded from hers and my mates, but not mine. I have about 200 contacts (not including emails and 2nd phone numbers which apparently count a a separate contact each time) and they only had about 150 or less. Hoping I can fix it by deleting some contacts I no longer use.
  • i30 Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the update..looks like you are getting somewhere (slowly)  :confused:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Ozi30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
but not mine. I have about 200 contacts (not including emails and 2nd phone numbers which apparently count a a separate contact each time) and they only had about 150 or less.

Silly question,  what version of iOS are you on,  it should be 6.1.
Are your contacts synced via Exchange, Hotmail, FaceBook ect. 
  • I30 Petrol 1.8

Offline Lachlan85

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I'm a bit of a tech nut. Very keen to see how my iPhone 5 plays with the i30 GD. Hoping it's fairly painless. If there's a limit to the contacts I'm screwed. More interestingly, does anyone know if the voice control button on the steering wheel activates Siri when connected via Bluetooth?
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 Premium GD

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I'm a bit of a tech nut. Very keen to see how my iPhone 5 plays with the i30 GD. Hoping it's fairly painless. If there's a limit to the contacts I'm screwed. More interestingly, does anyone know if the voice control button on the steering wheel activates Siri when connected via Bluetooth?

I'm not an iPhone owner so I don't know what Siri is.

However - I can confirm that with my Samsung Galaxy phone paired with the car - I press the voice button on the steering wheel and a female voice asks me for a command. I say "Call Joe Bloggs" and she repeats my words then using the car phonebook (which has been downloaded from the phone previously) she finds Joe and his numbers(s) and displays them on the screen. If he has just one number I press the green call button on the Steering wheel and the call is made. If Joe has more than one number, they are listed on the car radio screen and you have to use the tuning knob to scroll down and highlight the number you want to call - then press the green call button on the wheel.

You have to be precise though - and state the exact name of the person you want to call as stored in the phonebook.

Hope that helps.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Lachlan85

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

I'm not an iPhone owner so I don't know what Siri is.

However - I can confirm that with my Samsung galaxy I press the voice button on the steering wheel and a female voice asks me for a command. I say "Call Joe Bloggs" and she repeats my words then using the car phonebook (which has been downloaded from the phone previously) she finds Joe and his numbers(s) and displays them on the screen. If he has just one number I press the green call button on the Steering wheel and the call is made. If Joe has more than one number, they are listed on the car radio screen and you have to use the tuning knob to scroll down and highlight the number you want to call - then press the green call button on the wheel.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Alan,

Sounds like you're forced to use the i30 system, as opposed to the phone's own voice recognition system. Not necessarily a bad thing - just curious. I'll be playing with lots of settings when I get the car, I dare say I'll figure out how to use both ways  :evil:
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 Premium GD

Offline Titchthephot

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Somerset
I have over 460 contacts on my iphone 5 and they work fine. I don't think Siri is affected by the inbuilt voice command - not that I ever use it as it doesn't understand 'Zummerzet' (perhaps they should make dialect friendly!! Only kidding Hyundai, you have enough problems getting a seven digit postcode finder!)
  • i30 style nav

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I say "Call Joe Bloggs" and she repeats my words then using the car phonebook ....................she finds Joe and his numbers(s) and displays them on the screen. If he has just one number I press the green call button on the Steering wheel and the call is made.

Wonder if the same Joe I know?  :whistler:

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
If Joe has more than one number, they are listed on the car radio screen and you have to use the tuning knob to scroll down and highlight the number you want to call - then press the green call button on the wheel.

I found this a pain so I entered each number as a separate number in my mobile phone/i30 phonebook.

Quicker response and no fiddling with the knob.....
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
What's wrong with fiddling with ya knob?
Not bragging but I usually get a quick response..... :whistler:

Online druggist

• 3rd Gear
  • magunuthVE

• pn Pitcairn
      Usa

• Hyundai i30 SX CRDi 1.6 manual CW 2010 MY11
But Rustynutz can you make more than one call per day that way?  :)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
What's wrong with fiddling with ya knob?
Not bragging but I usually get a quick response..... :whistler:
:lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline IrmaIsfot

• 1st Gear

• se Sweden
      Gavle
If Joe has more than one number, they are listed on the car radio screen and you have to use the tuning knob to scroll down and highlight the number you want to call - then press the green call button on the wheel.

I found this a pain so I entered each number as a separate number in my mobile phone/i30 phonebook.

Quicker response and no fiddling with the knob.....

This behaviour was very annoying to me as well, until I realized that the system is still listening for commands! So, when the list of numbers for one person shows up, instead of fiddling with the knob, you can continue by saying for example "mobile" and that particular number is dialed.

Now, I only got my car four days ago and have only experimented a little with the phone, so I may remember incorrectly, but I think I also tried saying "Call Peter mobile" and it selected the correct number imediatelly.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks and welcome IrmaIsfot

Great info in your first post :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal