i30 Owners Club

FD i30 2009 - need second set of keys in Australia

slick · 8 · 4740

Offline slick

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
What do you do if you have an i30 that was only sold with 1 set of keys? Is there a way to avoid the crazy prices for a second key?

I found many old threads complaining about this but not many solutions? Anyone overseas selling key fob and chip inside? I found so many key fob shells for less than $10 but not having much luck with the chip part.

This is from an old locked thread:

wholesale price of $250 for fob, $33.11 key blank and $31.82 cutting a total of $351.43 (that is better than the retail of about $425)   

are the prices still the same? AUD $350 seems to be the best price someone got.

The back of key says: 2L600-433-EU-TP     HA-T005
CMIT 2009DJ0651     and then  0678
  • 2012 i30 CRDi Active Hatch (GD) + 2015 i30 CRDi Elite Tourer (GD)

Offline slick

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
would something like this work and I get the dealer to reprogram it and cut a new key?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-Hyundai-i30-remote-key-with-46-chip-and-433Mhz/494948594.html

really confused - i know the dealer could solve this easily but at close to $500 AUD I'm interested in a saving a few dollars...

Any advice from someone in a similar situation?

Off topic I have a 2012 i30 CRDi Active - the 2009 i30 model is my brother's. My wife drives the car daily and I get to test it on weekends. I really liked the diesel auto compared to the petrol on my extended test drives... Happy with decision so far :)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
would something like this work and I get the dealer to reprogram it and cut a new key?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-Hyundai-i30-remote-key-with-46-chip-and-433Mhz/494948594.html

really confused - i know the dealer could solve this easily but at close to $500 AUD I'm interested in a saving a few dollars...

Any advice from someone in a similar situation?

Off topic I have a 2012 i30 CRDi Active - the 2009 i30 model is my brother's. My wife drives the car daily and I get to test it on weekends. I really liked the diesel auto compared to the petrol on my extended test drives... Happy with decision so far :)
Mister Minit has a sign on their outlets which lists Hyundai. I've not had the need to talk to them about it but might be worth asking.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Welcome slick,

Unless someone else has any advice, read this thread, post number 4.

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=10651.msg119359#msg119359

:undecided:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
You'll need the pin code for your vin.

One of our onboard tekkies can generate you the pin for a small fee (there's a cost associated and the small fee is to cover that cost).

Send a PM to EssexTech and quote the link to this thread.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Pip
Depending what you want the key for, Hy also offer a plain key without buttons that will open and start the car (I got one for our Getz). Apart from having no remote function, by dint of that, it also cannot arm or disarm the alarm and immobiliser.

What this means is that if armed by the remote key (locked) it will sound the alarm when you open the car but will be silenced as soon as you start it. Further of course, if you lock the car with the limited key no alarm will be active.

It works well as a second backup key and was from memory about $250 and is by mine, good insurance. :goodjob2:

You can also get a plain key cut that will open the car but do nothing else (except set off the alarm), however this would be invaluable if you somehow lock the other key inside.

Offline slick

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
the current 1 set of key has this on the back  2L600-433-EU-TP - Australian delivered i30 SX 2009 model

I found someone overseas selling a key with chip inside that says 040-433-eu-tp ha-t005

would this work to reprogram and then get a key blade cut to size at the Hyundai dealer?

oh and the reason I want a backup is simply if you loose it --- it's not a good idea only having 1 single key

would EssexTech still be able to help me with an Australian VIN?

Cheers

ouri30

oh and the reason I want a backup is simply if you loose it --- it's not a good idea only having 1 single key

Cheers

It's not just losing the key that can be the issue.  We had a key security chip fail (under warrantee) and the car would not start with that key.  Without the help of a fellow Euro member who suggested I try the other key, I would have had the car hauled on a car trailer 65km to the nearest dealer.

See my note about key programming in another thread.  It's not as simple as giving vehicle details or a working key to a locksmith.  From my own experience, keys and ignition security must be programmed together.  It's not something I would want to stuff around with.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal