i30 Owners Club

Opaque reservoir coolant overflow Bottle

Offline mantaray

• 3rd Gear
Recently it has been harder and harder to see how much coolant is in the Overflow bottle, till now i have to take the cap off to look.
anyone else have this issue, and i wonder if I can get it replaced under warranty .( ha ha)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
The ever-persistent antifreeze in my coolant mix ensures I can always see the level in the overflow bottle. Do you have any additives in yours? Sounds like just plain water that you might have...
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Has the coolant been maintained correctly. It needs to be periodically flushed and replaced with fresh coolant. A change in colour can be an indication of the presence of air in the system, or some form of coolant breakdown. This needs urgent checking otherwise corrosion can commence and the discolouration may in fact, be corrosion deposits breaking away into the coolant. This will eventually clog the radiator core and overheating can result.  :fum:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline mantaray

• 3rd Gear
Yep, all looked after by the dealer, so change of coolant has been done. once top is removed nice and green. Might take it up at the next service

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Good idea  :idea:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal