i30 Owners Club

2011 i30 Hatch clock & preset volume !

Mal · 11 · 3127

Offline Mal

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Woodvale, Western Australia
Hi folks,
I am the happy owner of a 2011 i30 5 door hatch. A couple of things Ive noticed are the clock runs fast. Things don't have to 100% accurate for me but my clock runs fast by at least 5 minutes a month !
I was wondering if there is an adjustment somewhere for this ? Like you would have on a time piece ?

The other one is the preset radio volume ? I thought that by pressing the volume control and waiting for the 'pip' that preset the volume on the next 'start up'. Have I got that wrong because it doesn't on mine.

Any thoughts would be interesting and helpful to make my 130 even better !

Many thanks folk,

Mal     

• 2011 i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Simply ask for a replacement radio (warranty). For some unknown reason, some clocks are terribly inaccurate but most others are within acceptable limits. Ours is reset at daylight saving, start and finish and even then, there's only a minute or two variation.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Mal

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Woodvale, Western Australia
Hi Phil,

thanks for your reply. I just spoke to the service agent here in WA and he said the same thing.
My worry is what will get damaged when pulling out the radio ? I hate someone messing with my car especially when Im going to see any damage  :Shocked:
I asked about the preset volume too and I think I was doing it wrong ! :question:

Mal

• 2011 i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
For those who know how, the radio removal is not actually a big job. I'm sure they'll test everything and do a good job for you. They really don't want to see you unhappy and returning with complaints. Keep us posted.  :goodjob2:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I have two 2011,the volume preset,should be when the radio is on,Press and hold the left knob and either wait for the words,Clock set up or Initial volume to come on the screen,without checking I'm sure clock setup comes on the screen first,then you have to use the right knob to select initial volume,you then set the volume to the required and then Must push the left knob again until you hear the beep to set it.
as for the clock,mine j=runs maybe three four minutes a month,I just keep restting it when it annoys me,which isn't often,at least I'm either running early or if I'm late by the car clock,I'm really on time.

When I did complain about mine,at both the dealer I bought it from and another dealer which used to do my services,they both just said "Oh! they're  not precision time pieces,some do run slightly fast or slow"in other words unless there was a major malfunction of the radio they weren't interested in changing them.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Imo the clock should be within milliseconds correct.

When the news comes on at the top of the hour it is on the button.

Wonder if because of the rds this is why it is so precise?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
My worry is what will get damaged when pulling out the radio ? I hate someone messing with my car especially when Im going to see any damage  :Shocked:

If you're worried, maybe take some photos of the dash etc beforehand just in case they do mark things and then deny they did it...  :)

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Imo the clock should be within milliseconds correct.

When the news comes on at the top of the hour it is on the button.

Wonder if because of the rds this is why it is so precise?

The clock time is regulated by the RDS.  When I cross the Channel the clock auto resets to European time when I tune in a French station with RDS.

Worse cars ever for lousy clocks were my Citroens.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I'd cross the channel just to see that happen.  :happydance:

Wish we had better radios in Oz.

As an aside, when will someone confirm what type of radio and DPF or not, in the GD Oz CW, must be someone out there who knows.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

As an aside, when will someone confirm what type of radio and DPF or not, in the GD Oz CW, must be someone out there who knows.

Go buy one, Phil. Then you can tell all of us..  :rofl: :rofl:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Jolly joker, Asterix.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal