i30 Owners Club

Fixed Price Servicing (FPS)

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
FPS has been around for a while now. IIRC, Toyota was the first to introduce it, maybe about 5 years ago.
Anyway, as some of you know, we recently bought an 18 month old Corolla for my wife. It came with FPS from Sunshine Toyota. I decided to make some enquiries about how this works as part of the process in deciding whether or not to use them for servicing.
The long and short of it is that this FPS is only for a "basic" service. Read oil and oil filter change, plus checks. $220.  :faint: The next service also requires a brake fluid change and air filter replacement. "That will be extra".
"Or, you can have a full log book service at normal rates"

Now, my question is this. Are all Toyota FPS arrangements like this or is the new car deal more comprehensive?

And do we know how Hyundai's works?

I suspect the FPS for second hand cars is just a rort, applicable only at the dealer where you purchased the car.

Anyway, I now know where I won't be getting my servicing done.  :fum:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I agree Trev.
I believe they do the bare minimum for as long as the FPS is in play, but push all the expensive stuff back until after it finishes.
DISCLAIMER: I have no evidence to back this statement up but I bet I'm right. :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Well I know how Hyundai works. Capped service applies to 15000km, 30000km and 45000km services. There are different part numbers for each service and each model.
You just look up the model and which service, get the p/n. All the parts come in a white box under the one p/n.
Prices are dependant on which service is being done.

My dealership is Hyundai and toyota but I don't know anything about the toyota fixed price service (on purpose)
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal