i30 Owners Club

Cruise control lights

Offline smartie1980

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Southampton

• i30 Estate 2010 CRDI Steel Grey
I Had my instrument cluster replaced because the back light was flicking, the two lights for the cruise control didn't work

When I got it back in to Hyundai to sort out, they told me that  they didn't refit the cruise control lights properly - they didn't drill the holes for the two lights.

It took them over two weeks as one or both of the lights also made the ESP glow and they kept fiddling to get it right. However when I got my car back they said it was 'as good as they could get.' 

The lights all worked perfectly before the new cluster.

Has anyone else had this?
Should I pursue this with Hyundai?
  • 2010 i30 Diesel Estate

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
It is still under warranty - so insist on a proper job.  If they decline - contact Hyundai UK customer care.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
I Had my instrument cluster replaced because the back light was flicking, the two lights for the cruise control didn't work

When I got it back in to Hyundai to sort out, they told me that  they didn't refit the cruise control lights properly - they didn't drill the holes for the two lights.

It took them over two weeks as one or both of the lights also made the ESP glow and they kept fiddling to get it right. However when I got my car back they said it was 'as good as they could get.' 

The lights all worked perfectly before the new cluster.

Has anyone else had this?
Should I pursue this with Hyundai?

I would certainly expect everything which worked before, to work after they had gone to work on my car  :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked:

Offline smartie1980

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Southampton

• i30 Estate 2010 CRDI Steel Grey

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal