i30 Owners Club

EPS LIGHT, DOWNHILL ASSENT AND TRACTION CONTROL LIGHTS ON

Offline Dangaha21

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      New South Wales
Hi guys,
Not sure if I'm in the right forum or not but I own a 2011 hyundai ix35 (couldn't find an ix36 forum) and for the past month it has been causing my partner and I great grief!!

When you start the car up it goes fine until it decides it wants to correct your steering while driving. The eps light comes on, then goes off, on some occasions it will stay on and the steering will constantly try and correct itself, the down hill ascent light stays on; and the traction control light comes on and stays on.
It's so dangerous and we're hoping it's a computer problem.
We can literally drive it for an hour and a half max before it starts to go haywire.

When I turn the car off and on it goes away but within 5 mins it tries to correct itself, we got new tyres and all the pressures and psi are all the same.

Hopefully it's just a Fuze or a malfunction of the computer, and not a motor problem.

Any advice would be appreciated, and if anyone knows of any other ix35 owners experiencing the same I'd appreciate a link or comment!

Thanks guys,
Drive safe ;)
  • 2011 hyundai ix35 elite

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Never heard of an ix36 :confused: but aside from that this is the i30 forum :wink:

We have a member ( cruiserfied ) whom is a senior Hyundai service technician so he maybe able to offer you some advice when he comes by later, as an immediate option I would suggest taking your car back to Hyundai as you'll still be covered under warranty I'd think with a 2011 model.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
For i30 problems, we usually specify disconnecting the negative battery terminal for at least 30 minutes. This causes a computer reset and may help your car too.

btw you can't ascend going downhill  :D
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
When searching globally for ix35 issues, remember to include "Tucson" as a search term as they are related.

:link: Tucson/ix35 LM Models - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum

:link: This happend (3) times on wifes 2010 tuscon - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sounds like an EPS (Electric Power Steering) problem which occasionally happens in the i30 and other Hyundai products. In fact other brands with electric power steering have their share of issues too.

If it is like what member Dave (Doggie 1) experienced in his i30 it can  be scary and hard to get diagnosed/rectified.

If the first dealer you approach for help isn't supportive, try another and don't be frightened to get Hyundai Head office involved as well.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal