i30 Owners Club

Never install accessories on the windscreen? Dashcam!?

Offline Neoteli

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
So having just received my new car and after getting the dashcams plumbed in I sit down and read to my horror in the manuals "NEVER install accessories on the windscreen" ...can cause false alarms with collision warnings / magic / wizardry blah blah blah.

This may be a standard warning, but does anybody have any experience with it actually causing issues? My front cam is installed just below where the 'sensors' are on the windscreen?

Cheers.
  • 2022 PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.0 T-GDi, Auto, Grey

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
I believe this is so you dont block the vision of the collision avoidance/lane detection camera. Take a good look a the black prism shaped box its sat in though (by the rear view missor) and a revelation should come to you.

Offline Neoteli

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
I believe this is so you dont block the vision of the collision avoidance/lane detection camera. Take a good look a the black prism shaped box its sat in though (by the rear view missor) and a revelation should come to you.

I see and saw that camera in there, hence the question, but a dashcam positioned below it would seemingly never be able to block the field of view of that camera , which has me thinking that perhaps reflections or something similar?

Or is there something more obvious I'm over looking?

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Nah, don't chase ghosts. Just don't block that camera or your own view of the road.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Neoteli

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
Nah, don't chase ghosts. Just don't block that camera or your own view of the road.

Super. I was hoping it was as simple as that, and looks to be the case. Everything has been working fine over the last couple of hundred km.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
I see and saw that camera in there, hence the question, but a dashcam positioned below it would seemingly never be able to block the field of view of that camera , which has me thinking that perhaps reflections or something similar?
thats the revelation.

Offline Neoteli

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
thats the revelation.

Indeed.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal