i30 Owners Club

WRC Mexico

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Mixed bag for the Hyundai team so far in the car breaking Mexican round of the WRC.

Neuville led the rally after stage one and spent the rest of yesterday swapping times with Ogier getting to the last stage of the day in 2nd place behind the current world champ.

Meanwhile some big names found the event biting them, Meeke and Kubica both crashing out as well as Haydon Padden in the third i20 WRC.  Biggest crash of the day went to Fords Ott Tanak who plunged down a bank into a reservoir, the car sunk within seconds but both driver and navigator escaped without injury.

On the last stage Neuville suffered a puncture which later in the stage also caused a roll and his exit from the day.

Day 2 saw Meeke, Padden and Neuville able to restart under rally 2 rules (huge time penalty added for non comp,etion of day one, but the big surprise was that in a sterling effort the Ford mechanics had managed to salvage Tanaks Fiesta and he also restarted under rally 2 rules.
Dani Sordo in the second i20 WRC currently lies 5th but a long way behind 4th placed Elfyn Evans who he has battled with all day, but he lost almost a minute to the Fiesta with a bodywork wrecking puncture.
Neuville has battled back up to 12th place, a top 10 finish still being a distinct possibility for Hyundai's star driver.
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Wow sounds like a lot of carnage.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Good effort by Ford mechanics but last I heard Tanak's  car expired with electrical gremlins (kind of understandable!)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Pretty good final day for the team, Sordo finished 5th and Neuville clawed his way back up to 8th with a couple of fastest times and never ouside the top 5 times on each stage.

I am now convinced the team have vastly improved the car as it has shown competitive on sealed surface, snow and gravel events :goodjob:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Pretty good final day for the team, Sordo finished 5th and Neuville clawed his way back up to 8th with a couple of fastest times and never ouside the top 5 times on each stage.

I am now convinced the team have vastly improved the car as it has shown competitive on sealed surface, snow and gravel events :goodjob:

:agoodjob: :beer:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal