i30 Owners Club

Either good or bad (or both) news you'd like to share with us

meehalych · 5194 · 1180484

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
That's not good.   :(
Drop down to five kays.   :D   :goodjob2:

apparently can't do that either, Dave.....walking ,gym and martial arts only.....oh!...and wife..... :winker:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
- my local Hyundai dealer is closing, because Hyundai DK demands some upgrades to the dealership to meet the Hyundai standards regarding showroom a.s.o.
+ They will continue as an independent even though the owner is 70 y/o
+ A FIAT dealer in a close by city will expand the business and take over the Hyundai brand.
- I don't know the guy's at the FIAT dealer as well as the Hyundai guy's.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

apparently can't do that either, Dave.....walking ,gym and marital arts only.....oh!...and wife..... :winker:

You've already mentioned her.  :exclaim:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
+ was asked by a nice lady flight commander to please pop in as a guest fitness instructor for her squadron's training weekend, specifically to drive her 60 cadets through an obstacle course.

Would they be female cadets, Gonz?   :undecided:
Can I sit in and watch?
And remember, photos or it didn't happen.   :D   ;)
Ah, girls, t-shirts, water... I'm now seeing what you're seeing. :lol:

maybe a video would be a lot better, Gonz...that way we (as in the forum) can see how well you handle the cadets and the pace you put them thru.......

as a bad side note for me...the orthopedic surgeon has told me that I am not allowed to do anymore 10 k runs as it is wearing out my hip joints. Apparently they are not smooth anymore and I can be looking forward to hip replacement in the future.......bugger....
I'll let you know when the 60 parental consent media release forms are all signed. Not good about the hips! I avoid impact activities at the best of times including the annual battle fitness run. I take the walk option, saving my joints for running from bullets. :crazy2:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

as a bad side note for me...the orthopedic surgeon has told me that I am not allowed to do anymore 10 k runs as it is wearing out my hip joints. Apparently they are not smooth anymore and I can be looking forward to hip replacement in the future.......bugger....

That's a bugga. To much bump n grind eh?
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
+ Great service and interaction, as a customer, with a number of staff members at Coles.
- Not great interaction with young man on duty at customer service desk of same
   - He assumed what I was there for based on what I started to say, then continued to insist it was my shopping he had though I repeatedly told him it wasn't - until I rather sharply rejoined:
   - "That is very interesting, as *my* shopping is over there *exactly* where I left."  At which point he responded in like tone "Well what do you want then?"
   - I resisted the urge to point out that if he had listened first he would have known.
+ Sent an email to Coles customer service - maybe something will happen maybe it won't
- Had a filling (two actually - one replacing a metal one) on molar today... it/gum is a little tender now (but is expected)
+ Work is holding a big party on Friday - previous such parties have continued to till 03:00 or later.

And in regards to the fence (below) - was chatting to the guy who lives right next door to the property where the fence is:
+ Yup the council did get involved and is the reason part of it was taken down - don't know if they required it all down. But council were back yesterday.
- According to the guy... the side of the fence intrudes into his property by a meter (not sure if this is right along where the fence is, or at widest point) - and after having built it the one who put it up suggested they go halves?!?

So basically it looks like they put up that side by lining up on the street light post (maybe on the assumption it would be 'between' the properties - which it isn't) and had put up the side they took down by just coming in a bit from the gutter.

- Few weeks ago got woken up - early-ish - on a weekend morning by banging, metal cutting, etc. sounds nearby... a few houses away was having a fence installed
+ Nice looking fence - but very open... so not really for privacy, but rather to keep people, etc. out - fair enough... people would shortcut across lawn (such as it is)

It seemed to come much further out than other fences came out - near to a light pole just in from gutter, and having a piece of utility equipment inside the fence - substantially past where I though the property boundary was.

More noise late this morning - a number of the panels of the fence and posts removed and holes filled.  Consisting of one whole side (4 or 5 panels) along the street - and one or two down two sides leading to it... back past where the utility equipment is.   I am assuming the whole side will be reinstalled back further from the street and the panels leading to it modified to complete it.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
-Pretty gutted this weekend. Was removing all a/c and heater stuff from Accent yesterday and when I pulled the firewall insulation off found a couple of creases and bent bits along with some fairly ordinary spot weld attempts.

-As it sits now im leaning towards scrapping the vehicle :( I knew there had been damage previously and was ok with what I could see before stripping back but now im not so sure. I don't trust it as is to smash ripple strips at top speed and i suspect the LHF alignment will never be right.
Repair costs and efforts would probably be double what another Accent woukd cost me.

-I dont have anywhere near enough money to replace or repair so it looks like yet another dream up in smoke. Story of my life so not surprised.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
What year is it Tim? you might be able to get a cheap body from a wrecker :undecided:

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Better off finding a complete vehicle and starting again. Except this time with a manual vehicle. I couldnt even find $500 right now so it wont be happening.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
That sux then :Pout: that old proverb that haunts me ( shit happens ) has reared it's ugly head upon you :(

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
It sure does. Only saving grace is that I got the car for free and had only spent $20 on the bonnet pins so far. All the other stuff I have for it I picked up for nothing. And the time I spent has been enjoyed so cant count that as lost.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You might be able to make some funds by wrecking the one you have then :workitout:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sorry to hear that Tim! A "Bailey job" as I call them. Had a few of those... Job going well, then come across a big hiccup!  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
-/+ spending more time at Pulkovo than at home (too many flights, too much work)
+ vacation gets closer with each passing day  :)
- we didn't have winter and it seems that we won't have summer too

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

-/+ spending more time at Pulkovo than at home (too many flights, too much work)

Still got the GF? She doesn't get much of a mention! :undecided:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Flying with one to Istanbul)

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Flying with one to Istanbul)

Have you got choices now!  :eek:

Is this a different one?  :whistler:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yep,  a different one

Is she on Facebook?  :D :winker:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

I can help with that!

Cost of number plate globe to dealer (bugger all) $5 max, but probably less...  :whistler:
I just checked with our hardware store, I can get one for the princely sum of AU$1 for a standard W5W bulb :confused:
Last time i bought a bulb for the plate light i think cost me 50p.

Time to replace about 5 minutes....

So the cost does seem reasonable........... for dick turpin

Eye i work out our old pound shillings & pence before we went over to American style dollar's & cents.
50pence would be 4 shilling's & 2pence.why say 50p?

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

apparently can't do that either, Dave.....walking ,gym and martial arts only.....oh!...and wife..... :winker:

Change over to a pushy do 50 to 60K should be fine on hip

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

I can help with that!

Cost of number plate globe to dealer (bugger all) $5 max, but probably less...  :whistler:
I just checked with our hardware store, I can get one for the princely sum of AU$1 for a standard W5W bulb :confused:
Last time i bought a bulb for the plate light i think cost me 50p.

Time to replace about 5 minutes....

So the cost does seem reasonable........... for dick turpin

Eye i work out our old pound shillings & pence before we went over to American style dollar's & cents.
50pence would be 4 shilling's & 2pence.why say 50p?

Here in uk before decimalisation

50p = 10/- (10  shillings)

£1 = 20 shillings or 240 pennies

Now £1 = 100 pence

We were robbed! Of 140 pennies!

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
+ I've now been a Hyundai Technician for 10 years :) the love for the brand is stronger than ever. Looking forward to continuing for the foreseeable future (Can't say the same for the stingey bastards who actually pay me, tight arses)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Congratulations on the 10 years at Hyundai Tim :goodjob: sux that they're tight arses though :fum:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Looking forward to continuing for the foreseeable future (Can't say the same for the stingey bastards who actually pay me, tight arses)

Here's hoping those "tight arse stingy bastards" don't read this forum...  :lol:

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
+ I've now been a Hyundai Technician for 10 years :) the love for the brand is stronger than ever.
except when I bought the Jeep...... :whistler:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

+ I've now been a Hyundai Technician for 10 years :) the love for the brand is stronger than ever. Looking forward to continuing for the foreseeable future (Can't say the same for the stingey bastards who actually pay me, tight arses)

Can you ask for a pay rise?  :undecided:

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Do what I did when I was a young mechanic . I asked for a pay rise they said no so I threatened to walk out with my tool box.

(click to show/hide)
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal