i30 Owners Club

Either good or bad (or both) news you'd like to share with us

meehalych · 5194 · 1175073

Offline omegaspeedy

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Pukekohe
Its cold and raining and its night here and the high beam lights on the GD are useless as tits on a bull........I only hope that Hyundai put a bit of extra time in there R&D for better quality lights........

Just do what I did and purchase some aftermarket bulbs (only 10-20% brighter) then adjust your beams up higher. I'm more than happy with mine now which were shockingly bad. I think Hyundai are very conservative with their adjustments. You could also go to your mechanic and ash him to calibrate them to the highest permissible. You will be happy with the result. Its now as good as any car I've owned.
  • 2016 i30 Elite Limited 2.0L Auto Phantom Black Pearl

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
+ At the very least, I cannot say I've had a boring life thus far. It's been quite the ride, the good with the bad :goodjob2:

:MeToo:

3 wives
2 daughters
about 10 different jobs (many in different industries)
30 cars (including 17 brand new ones)
8 houses (including 4 that I designed and had built)

and I'm not 60 yet!
Dazz, you need to leave some for us too, ya know :lol:

Your grandkids one day will need a journal for all the stories you'll end up telling them :goodjob2:
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
+ At the very least, I cannot say I've had a boring life thus far. It's been quite the ride, the good with the bad :goodjob2:

:MeToo:

3 wives
2 daughters
about 10 different jobs (many in different industries)
30 cars (including 17 brand new ones)
8 houses (including 4 that I designed and had built)

and I'm not 60 yet!
Dazz, you need to leave some for us too, ya know :lol:

Your grandkids one day will need a journal for all the stories you'll end up telling them :goodjob2:

Always plenty of stories to tell!  :lol: :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Good to See Rossi leading the Moto GP world championship points again.  :happydance:

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
Good to See Rossi leading the Moto GP world championship points again.  :happydance:
Indeed! Much respect for the Doctor. He has always been my favourite Italian (never really liked Biaggi) :goodjob2:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
- I had the TV on during the Sunrise Show on 7 when it was followed by the Morning Show. I then had to change the channel as soon as bleating James with his Nutrisomething started assaulting my sensibilities. I wonder how much such a sponsor has to pay to get away with damaging a show's ratings! :disapp:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

I thought he was a spent force after his Ducati debacle but so far he's doing well....Guess it helps being on what seems to be the best bike this year...  :whistler:
Still, I would've loved to have seen Marques pull a win out of his hat after the way he made up that ground on the last lap...

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

I thought he was a spent force after his Ducati debacle but so far he's doing well....Guess it helps being on what seems to be the best bike this year...  :whistler:
Still, I would've loved to have seen Marques pull a win out of his hat after the way he made up that ground on the last lap...
That would be Marquez, thank you very much, pronounced 'Márrketh'. Don't mind a win by a Spaniard myself. :whistler:

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
- Hippo is aging...

+ ...well! No issues at all and loving Hyundai ownership and all the folks over here :goodjob2:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

- Hippo is aging...

+ ...well! No issues at all and loving Hyundai ownership and all the folks over here :goodjob2:

Naughty boy! You live in Africa remember! An Elephant or Giraffe could have run out in front of you at that very second!  :Shocked:

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
Naughty boy! You live in Africa remember! An Elephant or Giraffe could have run out in front of you at that very second!  :Shocked:
Hippo's are statistically the most dangerous African mammal so they know to stay well away from me :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
I think you all need some proper education about life in SA...

Yes, I take my cheetahs out for a walk every morning. They don't seem to like the mail-monkey, though. But I must say the new express pigeon service is great! Blazingly fast speeds and very low instances of lost parcels. If the skies are hawk-ey then I'd rather use the shoelace express and deliver it myself.

Oh, I sometimes hop on my lion and go for a ride if the weather is nice and warm (anything below 40 and I have to wear a coat!), but lately we have been going down to as low as the high 30's at night - bitterly cold!

:P

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I think you all need some proper education about life in SA...

Yes, I take my cheetahs out for a walk every morning. They don't seem to like the mail-monkey, though. But I must say the new express pigeon service is great! Blazingly fast speeds and very low instances of lost parcels. If the skies are hawk-ey then I'd rather use the shoelace express and deliver it myself.

Oh, I sometimes hop on my lion and go for a ride if the weather is nice and warm (anything below 40 and I have to wear a coat!), but lately we have been going down to as low as the high 30's at night - bitterly cold!

:P

Yes, you would have even more misconceptions than Australia does!

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
Yes, you would have even more misconceptions than Australia does!
Well at least here in sunny SA...

EVERYTHING DOESN'T TRY TO KILL US ALL THE TIME

...besides the Boomslang's, puffadders, taxi drivers, potholes, the tokoloshe, the button spiders, crocodiles, lions, cheetahs, leopards, centipedes, scorpions, high crime rate, deadly heat waves and last but not least, the dreaded vuvuzela...

Only jesting of course :mrgreen:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

... the dreaded vuvuzela...

I had to google that! I was waiting in anticipation of some interesting photos, but alas I was disappointed!  :whistler: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
... the dreaded vuvuzela...

I had to google that! I was waiting in anticipation of some interesting photos, but alas I was disappointed!  :whistler: :rofl: :rofl:
Angels get harps, devils get vuvuzela's...

+ A friend of mine came back from research in Hungary and the Czech Republic, and brought me this back from overseas:

Apparently the Czech's spell my name a bit differently, but I didn't have the heart to argue with her :lol:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Funny looking wabbit. :lol:

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
I know right? It doesn't look remotely like the rabbit in my avatar :rolleyes:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Coming back from Adelaide today Firty clocked over the 80,000 km while registering 4.1 l/hkm and already outside Bordertown with the fuel gauge barely off full (of Costco's  $1.19 Diesel). I'm storing Firty, not selling her off any time soon! :goodjob:

"ns"
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 00:07:48 by The Gonz »

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
Coming back from Adelaide today Firty clocked over the 80,000 km while registering 4.1 l/hkm and already outside Bordertown with the fuel gauge barely off full (of Costco's  $1.19 Diesel). I'm storing Firty, not selling her off any time soon! :goodjob:
Fantastic consumption! Glad to hear she's treating you well.

- On the drive home from lunch today my instrument cluster lights as well as my light inside the glovebox died...no warning, they just died. Pulled all the fuses inside the interior fuse box to no avail and reseated and checked all the fuses in the engine compartment fusebox. I also noticed that my front fog lights do not turn on anymore...it's dark here now but I will check again in the morning.

Sad panda/wabbit :(

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

- On the drive home from lunch today my instrument cluster lights as well as my light inside the glovebox died...no warning, they just died. Pulled all the fuses inside the interior fuse box to no avail and reseated and checked all the fuses in the engine compartment fusebox. I also noticed that my front fog lights do not turn on anymore...it's dark here now but I will check again in the morning.

Do your park lights come on? Sounds like park light switch.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

+Gonz  :goodjob:

- Wabbit  :(

+ Tim  :goodjob:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
With all the positive and negative in this thread, I'm surprised there's no charge.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
It is an electronic forum. :whistler:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
It is an electronic forum. :whistler:

that's a quick wit..... :goodjob:
Quick? Yep, I could say 'light speed' but why limit ourselves when it's more accurately and inclusively 'the speed of all electromagnetic radiation' - at least in a vacuum! :lol:

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!

Do your park lights come on? Sounds like park light switch.
I didn't notice yesterday as it was dark and cold out, but I will have a look today. I'm going to stop by our local auto parts store and pick up a handful of fuses and bulbs and work my way through the car this afternoon. I am on leave, after all, so I have the time to spare :lol:

I just hope it's nothing too serious. I tested the headlights, high beam, rear fogs and everything but they are all fine. Interior lights are good, too. It seems like it's just the front fog lamps and the glovebox light that refuses to work. This is probably Karma getting her own back for someone I did this past month :rofl:

+ A friend I went for lunch to yesterday gave me a broken Galaxy Gear to fix for him, as it was not turning on but it was brand new out of the box. I found my best Torx bit and took it apart, marvelled at the tiny engineering inside the unit, reseated the battery and put the thing back together and presto! She turns on again :goodjob2:

Offline Snookes

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Now for the same success with Hippo !
  • 2012 i30 GD Elite 5 door hatch petrol 1.8l ltr auto white

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal