Runs on 3 cylinders when it’s hot

Offline frisby1971

• 2nd Gear
  • I want to break free

• be Belgium
      Sankt Vith

• He und I
Hello dear Hyundai friends,
My lovely daughter owns a i30 1.6 CDRI 16v  LP 2008. Since a couple of weeks she experiences trouble with the engine. When she has driven for more than 15 minutes or 15 miles, the engine holds back, the car shakes and the steering is shaking.

We were told one of the cylinders is not working then.
How can we check if it is the cylinder? And how to check which cylinder? I don’t have the equipment to check the pressure or so. Any suggestion to solve this issue?

Thanks for any directions (accept to the garage  :D )

Gr. Pieter, Belgium 🇧🇪
  • 2008 FD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Auto, Gray

Offline FourthHorseman

• 1st Gear
Hello dear Hyundai friends,
My lovely daughter owns a i30 1.6 CDRI 16v  LP 2008. Since a couple of weeks she experiences trouble with the engine. When she has driven for more than 15 minutes or 15 miles, the engine holds back, the car shakes and the steering is shaking.

We were told one of the cylinders is not working then.
How can we check if it is the cylinder? And how to check which cylinder? I don’t have the equipment to check the pressure or so. Any suggestion to solve this issue?

Thanks for any directions (accept to the garage  :D )

Gr. Pieter, Belgium 🇧🇪
Hmmm, if it was petrol it would be a lot easier. if its diesel the only thing I can think of is that fuel isn't getting into a cylinder. I would suspect a fuel injector is faulty. Unsure on the best way to test it without sending them away to be checked, but if you do a google search on testing a diesel fuel injector it might give you an easy way that you can do yourself. Thats what I would do first, to confirm if its a fuel injector or not.
  • 2013 I30 CRDI

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal