Troms
so clean!!! amazing machine mate! nice one =D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I am 5'9" or 175cm (used to be average height once  :undecided: but not these days)

I know a lot who are shorter including some on here.. :P
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
Same height as me... Everyone else must eat a bowl of HGH for brekky to be calling US short...

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

176 cm here.  :D

So you can't call us short then  :sweating:

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
i did a bit of work on the VL yesterday, managed to get the turbo and exhaust manifold off the car with out snapping an exhaust stud!!

BINGO!!

looks like the polished housing is off an international of some type (international make trucks)

its a bit bigger compared to the stock one... i dont know the specs, i hope it hasnt been played with too much!

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
my son has a vl bt1 3.0 turbo Ian.   its a 5 speed manual,360 hp.  :sweating:  i drove it too and from work for a week,goes very hard.  :twisted:  at 70kmh in third if you floor it you end up going side ways frying the back wheels.  :Drive: :whistler:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Knowing you Ian you'll have it looking like new by the time you're finished.  :goodjob:

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
my son has a vl bt1 3.0 turbo Ian.   its a 5 speed manual,360 hp.  :sweating:  i drove it too and from work for a week,goes very hard.  :twisted:  at 70kmh in third if you floor it you end up going side ways frying the back wheels.  :Drive: :whistler:

thats what i want, what mods has he done to it??

dazz i want to get the exhaust side all HPC coated at some stage before it gets fitted so it looks nice and keeps the heat in!

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
from what i can remember,huge injectors,fuel rail and fuel pump [1350cc],xf falcon throttle body and custom manifold [fabricated plenum] t3 garret turbo with 3: dump pipe,huge front mount intercooler with 3" piping,full 3" exhaust,button excedy clutch,mini spooled diff with 3.8 ratio,adjustable cam pulley,and the list goes on. $$$$  :faint: we don't know to much about the head or bottom end work done on the motor because they were modified before my son got it a few years ago.  :undecided:  the guy had pics of the car launching off the line at a Calder park street meeting with one front wheel off the ground,it has run an 11.9sec pass on pump fuel,half an exhaust and slicks. when he bought the car other than having 9" slicks on the rear and 4" front runners it still looks bog stock original,it even came with the factory 15x7" interceptor rims.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Oh, is that all.  :faint:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
that i can remember,so far.  :snigger:  boys and their toys.  :whistler: :lol:

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
sounds off its tits!! i hope mine gets like that one day hahahaha

wack a pic up of it here!!

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
If you have not already done so, google up mighty car mods and check out some of their turbo work.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I'd love a "sleeper" wild 740 turbo Volvo complete with white hat on the rear parcel shelf.  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
ill have a look keith!

hahahaha that would be awesome DB, or a chev V8 powered one!!!

in other news i bought another R31... this is manual, and im in two minds if i should part it out, or fix it, rego and sell the maxima and have that as a daily, its ok, bit rough came from out west but i like it... dunno why!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Gee, you're almost a car tycoon  :eek:

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
no im just f#@&%d in the head hahaha, this was $700, i bought it for a manual conversion, but seeing the girl (17 or 18 and it is her first car) i bought it from almost in tears when i towed it off made me sad to wreck it...

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
no im just f#@&%d in the head hahaha, this was $700, i bought it for a manual conversion, but seeing the girl (17 or 18 and it is her first car) i bought it from almost in tears when i towed it off made me sad to wreck it...
Swayed by a young girl's tears, huh? Are going to do it up, look her up later and then take her for spin in it? :D
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
hahaha i dont think so, i may sell the J31 and register this as a daily along with the i30 if things go pear shaped!

PICS FOR FUN

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Those wheels look old school early Commodore  :D
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
14'' 4x114.3 stud pattern, and im thinking a - offset by how skinny they are and the fact that they fill out the rear gaurds and poke out the front!

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
ohh hot dang, the turbo set up MAY have made its way on to the orange R31... what shall we do besides rego and road worthy + turbo brakes LOL!!

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
well she runs!! thanks to my dad coming and helping me fit up the exhaust manifold!! should have seen the smile on his face when we got it going and spooled up for the first time!!

then i had to fit the turbo injectors, pretty easy, took a couple of hours because I'm slow and not rushed!

currently I'm upgrading the brakes... the stock brakes are woeful at the best of times... I'm using the GTS struts with the bigger rotors and calipers, not the best, but an improvement!!

i knocked up a crossover pipe last week with the aid of a band saw and tig welder, made a small stainless steel bracket and plumbed in the AAC valve, and PCV system! i did those two at home, so i silver soldered them as its easy, and can join dissimilar metals easily! a few clamps later and its all bolted up and turboed!

pictures tell a thousand words!

gotta have a better than stock steering wheel in and old school car!! also helps with the steering wheel lock as it sits into the corner of the windscreen and A-pillar better with a small wheel on it

just after tig welding up the 3'' pipe and fitting up the silicone hose.

all painted up in heat proof paint, with the 3/4 outlet silver soldered on and clamps fitted up, notice the kick up to clear the rocker cover...

and all installed on the car, with a pod filter, i actually wanted the stock air box but with out adding a million elbows and joiners it wasn't happening...

i bought these wheels for shits and giggles, Cheviot 'turbo' they have the maddest offset, 15x7, i wish they worked on the maroon car, BUT due to the bigger brakes, they are on the orange beast...

sitting pretty i reckon, would look really tough with 4 degrees of camber and slammed down low!!! although i can bet the tyres wouldn't like that as i have learnt before!!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

You do a  :Agoodjob: Ian (always impressed with your workmanship)  :goodjob:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
You're a real "can do" person.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
cheers guys, i prefer to give it a go rather than pay somone to do it for me, saves money, gives you skills and you can say "thats my doings'

honestly tho the welds are rough, but literally i threw it together one day at work (had to be fast wasn't being paid to be there LOL)

I cant figure out how to make the welder NOT 'suck back' when you hit the weld you have already done, it causes porosity and you have to go over it again making it look fugly.

I think it has something to do with the lift off knob, me actually learning how to use it properly, and how thin the exhaust pipe is compared to what i usually weld.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Welding's an art. I've watched training on u tube and then when I do it, looks like a dogs breakfast.  :'(

Although, I've only got a gasless mig and the moisture in the air is very difficult to eliminate. Don do enough to warrant a better machine though.

I need some auto darkening shades too, that would help I'm sure.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
your problem is gasless mig not the auto tinting glass... get gas!

we have a deacent enough mig at work, we ran out of wire, and i found a spool of gasless... it lasted 5 minutes and was in the bin! literally took a deacent machine back to the stone ages...

personally i feel TIG is the best all round machine, sure its fiddly with the tungsten rods, but once you get over that part and stop touching the work and rod, its pretty easy!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal