i30 Owners Club

New I30 so close..... (Aussie Details released)

beerman · 65 · 28396

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I just had a quick look and as far as I could see, neither Mitsubishi, Holden, Mazda, Toyota or Suzuki even offer a small 3 door hatch...  :undecided:
Some of the models don't have a 2014 - 2015 version but did previously and there is talk of some releasing 2/3 door hatches later this year and next, I did think the Holden Spark was a 3 dr but realised it was a hidden rear door like the Veloster.
There are rumors of a new Swift 3dr but depending on our $ will be the ultimate decider if we get it, there was supposed to be a 3dr Cruze but the idea was canned because of the Astra development.

I've placed some current and very soon to be released 3 dr's below, notice Holdens new Astra due this month
Astra, due this April 2015

VW Beetle, 2015

VW Polo, due mid 2015

VW Scirocco, 2015

Fiat Abarth, due 2015

Mini, due 2015

Suzuki Grand Vitara 3dr, 2015.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
None of those are likely to be big sellers and putting an SUV into the collection is drawing a big bow...lol

The fact that many of the manufacturers that once had 3 door hatches in their line up but have now dropped them would suggest to me that they weren't particularly good sellers...  ;)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Another one....They love the 7 speed diesel......The lack of new stuff not so much. Shame I can't convince the good wife that we don't need a slightly larger car than her hatch....

But I have not know a car maker yet to throw money into both engine/transmission and new body/interior on an update car.

The 7 speed on the diesel is no doubt a small introduction to see how it goes pending further implementation in the fleet.

:link: 2015 Hyundai i30 Series II diesel review | first drive: Car Reviews | CarsGuide
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 05:25:05 by beerman »
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
None of those are likely to be big sellers and putting an SUV into the collection is drawing a big bow...lol

The fact that many of the manufacturers that once had 3 door hatches in their line up but have now dropped them would suggest to me that they weren't particularly good sellers...  ;)
Not big sellers aye! must be some reason they have been consecutively sold for years now, the Astra was so popular that Holden have brought it back in under the Holden badge rather than Opel.
The SUV is still a 3dr and no bigger than the i30 except for the taller suspension, the Swift will release in 3dr again when the $ turns good as will the i20 and i30 3dr's.

If you lived in the inner city regions you would see how popular 3dr's are.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Your idea of what are popular obviously differ from me, Craig....  :lol:

Opel were hardly a big seller in the short time they were in Aus....in fact they sold less than 1600 units and poor sales was the reason for them pulling the pin...
How many of those were even 3 door hatches?  :undecided:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal