i30 Owners Club

Re-Good Day

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Some days all the planets just line up for you,as many are aware,Cyril is not longer and dealing with the insurance company was frustrating,but we finally have his replacement,2011 2Ltr Diesel Holden Cruze,very pleasantly surprised,only drove it home from Perth(then started working on it  :lol:)
Thing I really liked about it,Like Cyril it was a poverty pack,but the extra's in it are staggering,far more than what Cyril had and more than what Bruce has as well and he was top of the range at the time.

Very quite on the road(that may be the fact it is a sedan and not a hatch)averaged 4 l/100k on the way home according to the computer,thing I didn't like thought was it does not seem to lug as low as the I30,gear selection on corners is paramount or you could easily stall it,the stereo/radio/CD/Aux player is just so far ahead of the I30's it is ridiculous,a minus for me is that it Has a DPF(but it has just been replaced at the car yards cost)but due to the miles I do I not that sure it will be an issue.

Lighting so far looks very good,love the auto lights ,seat are comfortable,but a little hard,said to Sue there is no way I could have done the trip around Aus the way we did in Bruce,so at the moment it is shaping up well.

Also today I had to Have Dolly over the pits,passed with flying colours, which was a bonus to top the day off.  :goodjob2:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Sounds like a good day, it's nice when things happen like you want them too :goodjob:

You've earned yourself one of these :D

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Good to hear things work out well for you Rick..  :goodjob2:

Congrats on the new car.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
You deserve a few good days Rick (hopefully things are going to start looking up) :happydance: :fingers:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
You deserve a few good days Rick (hopefully things are going to start looking up) :happydance: :fingers:

Hope so Dazz Hope So  :fingers:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Good day!

Make sure you shield the air cond. compressor. A lot of instances of rocks taking them out.....
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal