i30 Owners Club

the Airbus has Landed, Finally.

Offline Ultralights

• 3rd Gear
  • yay, me.

• au Australia
      Sydney

• He loves nature in spite of what it did to him..
Well, after a wait of 3.5 Weeks! its finally mine,  SLX CRDI 6 Speed!  Built July 11, with roof racks (which howl like a %##@ at speeds over 90 Kph.)  might have to remove them soon and replace with thinner Roller racks, Mud flaps (worth more than their weight in gold when it comes to keeping tar, oil spatter and road grime off the car)    first mod will be a dark window tint.  and a few bits of Ebay bling when it arrives..  (not chrome bling) as you can see, the Badging only lasted 12 from dealer to home.. :)

anyway Pics,   as you can see, I'm no photographer,  but a play with Lightroom is always fun,  and ill eventually get a professional photographer mate to get some decent ones soon enough.

More to come soon..   
  • SLX CRDI U2

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Wow. Great car! Nice combination of wheels and car color. Huh, I can remember when my was still new.

I'm sure you'll be glad you bought it and that it will serve you right  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline Ultralights

• 3rd Gear
  • yay, me.

• au Australia
      Sydney

For the past 4 days, my car had pride of place inside the Showroom! :happydance: it took 4 days from arrival to the dealer to today when i picked it up,  a few delays getting cheques cleared before i could I've them the cash. :disapp:   anyways     :happy dance:  oh, and a typo in my first post, build plate on the door jam is June 11. 

• SLX CRDI U2

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Looks great .. (and I like the personalised plate on the black and white photo...) How come it changed??
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
she looks great.  :mrgreen: :happydance:  clever number plate.  :cool:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Hitman

• 2nd Gear

• za South Africa
      Cape Town
Nice! :goodjob: I thought about getting that colour when I bought mine. What made you choose it?

Offline Ultralights

• 3rd Gear
  • yay, me.

• au Australia
      Sydney

i spent a few night going though all the korean i30 club pics to come up with a colour choice, i was undecided on Black or white.   while i was making the decision, new ones were being delivered with the dark alloy rims,  i was initially going to go with black, but seeing the hyper silver with the new darker rims fitted in the flesh and taking it for a test drive, i just had to have that colour,  combined with a dark window tint it will look the best in my eyes and make it look as sporty and serious as it can be.
  • SLX CRDI U2

Offline Hitman

• 2nd Gear

• za South Africa
      Cape Town
Thanks for the reply Ultralights

Looks cool. For me it was a tossup between the sleek and hyper silver. I eventually went with the sleek because it stands out more on the roads here. Especially in summer :mrgreen:

Offline kickininthefrontseat

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle NSW
I cancelled my window tinting based on the RACV opinion, I wanted it for heat rather than aesthetics

http://www.racv.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/Internet/Primary/my+car/car+safety/safety+equipment/window+tinting

I like the nude back
  • White 2011 CRDi 6sp man sx + spider

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I wouldn't believe everything RACV believes; if there were even a single reason for me to have mine tinted I'd have them done.

I like the nude back

I think the whole forum appreciates you sharing your intimate bedroom self-pics mate  :winker:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Great pics Ultralights :goodjob: she looks fantastic with that colour combination of body + alloys
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I cancelled my window tinting based on the RACV opinion, I wanted it for heat rather than aesthetics

I had a look at that link but wont stop us tinting our cars in the future.. They say the difference in heat is only perceived but it seems real to us.. cuts out quite a bit of the direct heat from the sun on your arms and the side of your face.. I will be extra careful watching for hazards through the glass though... :undecided: The combined benefits of aesthetics,privacy (personal valuables in car), reduced glare, reduced heat etc.. are just to strong to forgo  :sweating:

Offline Ultralights

• 3rd Gear
  • yay, me.

• au Australia
      Sydney

ave to agree there, even if the actual heat reduction isn't much, as long as its perceived to cut the heat, then you will feel a heat reduction.  i mainly want the tint for aesthetic value only.  My old Forester was Black with red factory pearl, and the dark windows just finished the look perfectly.
 as for today, having a quiet weekend, so went for a longer run-in drive today to Kangaroo Valley, 2 hrs drive south of here, and managed 4.2 L/100 consumption at its lowest point before the corners arrived.  average 4.9 for the day! Very happy with that considering its only got 700Km up after today,  and i did remember where i put my GoPro and Canon.. even though the airbus is filthy after 3 days of rain, the rain worked well in hiding all the dirt!

enough of my craping on,  pics it is in this forum... so pics it will be.

R9008-L.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:18:15 by Ultralights »
  • SLX CRDI U2

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Sounds like you are going to take us on quite a journey ..  :goodjob:  (don't mind a bit of Artsy BS as it happens... :whistler:)

Offline Ultralights

• 3rd Gear
  • yay, me.

• au Australia
      Sydney

longer exposures and passing cars make for interesting photos.

• SLX CRDI U2

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Love the top photo . :thanks:. not as keen on the 2nd one ...(but appreciate the technique just the same)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Bit slow to reply, the car looks great!
That pic with the orange sky made me think of that bad dust storm we had a year or two back, remember that?
I want to get my windows tinted as Betsy ( bless her little Diesel motor ) had window tint from the dealer new. For some reason i did not ask for it with Crystal. but after three years with tinted windows i can tell you. there is a big difference with the heat when the sun shines through the drivers side window. it's second day of spring here so we have not yet experienced a hot day but i can feel the heat of the sun through the untinted window when sun shines directly at side of my face. never felt that even on a 45c day with betsy. but that is very true that tint cuts driver vision specialy at night. BUT the front window is NOT tinted it's just when you look through side window. i only noticed the vision loss driving into my homes under house garage the drive is curved with a rock wall to one side, have to look through side window & at night noticed vission was less than the car i had b4 that never had window tint. but driving at night or day no problem. i think i'll get crystal tinted. as for RACV saying use dark glass's that is laughable  :). as i think everyone already does, but it wont stop the heat on side of my face, i know some use the sun vissor for that but that gives zero visability.
just my findings, cheers

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
I too love the last two photos, especially the first one of the last two. And the ones with wide lenses are also cool  ;)

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Excellent pix, the colours in the orange one are superb and I fully appreciate and enjoy B setting pix :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Very, very good.......  cripes, there sure is a lot of talant in this club   :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Offline neoto

• 3rd Gear

• si Slovenia

• i30cw 1.6 CRDi Style 90 HP

Offline Ultralights

• 3rd Gear
  • yay, me.

• au Australia
      Sydney

a few more artsy type, well, as artist as an amateur can get..   but a weekend of clay bar treatment, followed by a coat of sealant, and then waxed 24 hrs later after paint sealant cures, and the paint looks as good as it will ever get.

oh, and yes, some cosmetic changes from Korea. 
  • SLX CRDI U2

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Woooaaa  :judges:

And really interesting color. Haven't seen that one in person yet.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Super Job Ultralights..  :brilliant: shine and  :judges: for the photos.. :hatoff:

Offline Reaper

• 2nd Gear

• dk Denmark
looking great after the treatment and exterior changes, keep it up :)

Offline constipated

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Ultralights can I ask what sealant you used for your car. I just applied some Opti-Coat 2.0 to my i30 and have noticed the same rainbow effect in certain directions from the headlights.
  • MY11 - SLX CRDi 6 speed manual

Offline Ultralights

• 3rd Gear
  • yay, me.

• au Australia
      Sydney

the sealant i used was Klasse high gloss sealant glaze, and DP Max Wax.    i chose the Klasse as its the only sealant glaze that doesnt need a 24 hr cure time.   oh, and for the rainbow appearing in the headlights, i only find that happens with a polarising filter on the lens, which was on in that shot.  the Top photo had no filter.
  • SLX CRDI U2

Offline alc2

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
Very  impressive  pictures after the  sealant  treatment , maybe  you will put   more  pictures . 
And  the  door rubber protections : these  are  nicer  than  the   OEM  style ,  can  you  put  a detailed  picture or  a   link  with ? Thx  :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal