i30 Owners Club

Places we have been...

donc · 17 · 5277

Offline donc

• 3rd Gear
Just thought it might be interesting to show some of the places on earth our i30's travel to. I don't drive ours very often, but when I do I'll try and take a pic of the car plus background of anywhere interesting we pull in to...

A little Church that just looked neat on the side of the road. Somewhere west of Newcastle (about 200 km)

A short drive to London for our English friends (OK, about as far from London England as you can get!)

Overlooking the Capertee Canyon - the widest enclosed Canyon on earth and one of the most beautiful places I know of.

The Battery Rock just east of Merriwah in NSW. Anyone over 50 should remember what an old post WW2 battery looked like. This is an ancient monolith resulting from volcanic activity and erosion that looks like an old battery.

Just to highlight how prevalent these little buggers are nowadays - a Roo sitting outside my office window earlier today. Hopefully he won't be more of tonight's road-kill.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Donc,

Nice Pix (I'm sure our overseas friends will find the Kangaroo outside your office window an interesting concept  ;) )
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
It's a whole different world. The best I get to see out of my office window is flocks of pigeons and seagulls redecorating the cars in the car park.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline donc

• 3rd Gear
Quote from: "Shambles"
It's a whole different world. The best I get to see out of my office window is flocks of pigeons and seagulls redecorating the cars in the car park.
Driving out the driveway after work tonight a big bird (Emu) legged it with me up to about 35 kph until he veered off into a paddock... I took a pic and if people are interested, will post it up tomorrow. Sometimes I feel like I work in a zoo but really wouldn't have it any other way  :D

We also have a dopey white Sulfur-Crested Cockatoo who stands at the front of our office and tries to stop people going in or out... If I catch him in the right mood I'll get a pic of him as well..

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain
this is very interesting for me, on the other side of your world, the only animals I could see from my office or home would be some birds or cats, maybe a rabbit or a mink.

If I would live in the eastern part I could see some Reindeer's, But if I would live in the north I could encounter a Polar Bear  :)

Offline i30Dave

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Adelaide, South Australia - Steel Grey SR i30
    • http://www.i30ownersclub.com
Quote from: "Hemmi"
I was going through some animal encyclopedia few months ago, and man you got allot of animals in Australia, both in land and sea  :D

Offline donc

• 3rd Gear
this is very interesting for me, on the other side of your world, the only animals I could see from my office or home would be some birds or cats, maybe a rabbit or a mink.
If I would live in the eastern part I could see some Reindeer's, But if I would live in the north I could encounter a Polar Bear  :-) - but this is the pic of the old man Emu yesterday (below) - sorry the quality isn't very good, trying to drive and take a pic out the side window at the same time.

PS - Info for anyone into suspension mods - 'Old Man Emu' is also the name of a very good local 4x4 shock absorber - further info at: http://www.rocky-road.com/omeshocks.html

bez10y
I was going through some animal encyclopedia few months ago, and man you got allot of animals in Australia, both in land and sea  :)

A lot of them are killers as well, Blue Ringed Octopus, Red Belly Black Snake, Funnel Web Spider, Redback Spider... hehehe

Offline donc

• 3rd Gear
Quote from: "bez10y"
A lot of them are killers as well, Blue Ringed Octopus, Red Belly Black Snake, Funnel Web Spider, Redback Spider... hehehe
Probably the nastiest we have out here right now as we come into Spring are the King Brown's... generally harmless enough as long as you leave them alone. Australia does have quite a few dangerous critters although most aren't overly agressive - if you don't hurt them they tend to leave you well enough alone (some notable exceptions I guess... Box Jellyfish and Crocks) - but still we have a lot less wildlife related fatalities than a lot of other countries - much of Asia and the Americas is a lot worse than here.

While I've never seen any stats, my 'gut feel' tells me more people are killed in Aus by Roos each year than by any other animal... usually as they come through the windscreen or cause drivers to hit trees or oncomming traffic while trying to avoid them.

Q - What's the best thing about a Red Belly Black snake?

A - They eat the more deadly Brown snakes :-)

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
Some great pics there Donc!
;)

Perfect spot for shots too...hehe

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia

Offline donc

• 3rd Gear
Quote from: "eye30"
I came across this spider in Liverpool
Yep - that's some spider !!

Offline donc

• 3rd Gear
Quote from: "camerooney"
Some great pics there Donc!
;)
Perfect spot for shots too...hehe
Yep - one of my favorite places on earth and a fantastic spot if you're into photography - Maybe an i30 owners club day trip?  :idea:

Offline donc

• 3rd Gear
Said I would post a pick of the "dopey white Sulfur-Crested Cockatoo who stands at the front of our office and tries to stop people going in or out" if I caught him in the right mood... here he is .. and he's cranky today!

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
haha that's a fantastic pic  :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England