i30 Owners Club

2 FOBS ONLY

Dave · 8 · 2888

Offline Dave

• 2nd Gear
         I have an I30 SLX and on purchase I paid for an additional Fob KEY, that was programmed OK.
          Since my wife had that second key all the time, I felt I should have a spare hidden in the car in case the original ones battery went flat. So I bought another from the agent (special low cost) !
           However on the service departments  attempt to activate it, their Hyundai computer station / program denied a 3rd key !  Apparently the program has this limit.
            It was interesting that if a new Fob is programmed, then the 1st one plus the car must all be reset and saved in the program and at the same time all those funnies of options IE auto door locking etc, can be reviewed and initiated or deleted etc.  All programming is done via patch lead plugged onto the key hole.  There were some 20? options saved, a bit like saving a spreadsheet
            So I kept the 3rd fob key, as although it won't  remotely open doors, it still functions to start the car and could in the future be handy if one of the other keys is lost etc. However then I would have to submit both for a reprogramming session which costs only $33.
             I did sit in on the resetting and saw it all happening and  a very interesting occasion.

regards fro Dave

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi Dave. What are you asking?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

ouri30
Hi Dave. What are you asking?

I think he is giving us information about the fob key being limited to two fob keys.  That is rather amusing to say the least.  It sort of stops 3rd party locksmiths from supplying keys as they would not have the access to Hyundai software necessary to program the keys.  It looks to me as though they must be paired and programmed together and encoded with the same info as the security system at the same time.

Very interesting (and most provocative) - Yes, I am that old (Laugh-in, for those who don't know - and if you don't know you are none the wiser).

Bob

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Very interesting (and most provocative) - Yes, I am that old (Laugh-in, for those who don't know - and if you don't know you are none the wiser).
Bob

I can remember that  :wink: :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I think he is giving us information about the fob key being limited to two fob keys. 
Ahh.. it's with the post being in the "problems" section, but I can see how it's useful info now :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Morias

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Brisbane, Qld, Australia - Silver I30 Crdi SLX Man
Does a new I30 come with 1 or 2 keys?

Offline CCsPack

• 2nd Gear

• Brisbane, QLD, Australia. 2009 i30 SLX CRDi Auto.

ouri30
I think Dave had 2 fobs and he wanted a third fob, and hence the problem.

Bob

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal