i30 Owners Club

Ruby's new tyres.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I posted recently about Ruby being fitted with Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Premium tyres. There was a considerable difference between outlet prices which we investigated.

Apaprently, it is illegal for a head office to set prices nationally for their outlets in Oz. The Bridgestone outlets are franchises and the owner sets the price for tyres. So had we enquired in SA to other outlets, we may have enjoyed some savings on our purchase. I did not know this and it sounds like dropping of the cow's husband to me.

How can Mc Donalds products be the same price, all across Oz  :question:

Far from impressed about this. :fum:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I'm surprised it's a case of legality. I would have thought it's governed by the terms of the franchise contract. :confused:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
When the two Tyrepower outlets I called quoted more than the $128 per tyre advertised, head office was bloody quick to put them back into line.

I would have thought a max price would be ok, but not a minimum. In any event I always ring a few places for tyres. Even when advertised, often when faced with the opportunity to move some stock, further discounts will come.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
The ACCC was mentioned in wife's reply text from NSW Regional manager.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I simply won't deal with any of the major Tyre outlets,one their full of Crap,two they're overheads are huge and staffing costs through the roof,deal with small owner operated businesses,in my experience they have always been able to supply the same products at anything up to $30 less than the larger tyre outlets
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal