i30 Owners Club

Hyundai i30 aftermarket wheels

Offline giwrgos_p

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece
Hi, I want to put in my i30 wheels but the Hyundai wheels is very very expensive, and decide to bought aftermarket. I want to take 16" but I don't know which is the right ET AND J.
I found these wheels :link: CERCHI IN LEGA X5B 7x16 ET 45 OZ HYUNDAI I30 5x114,30 MATT GRAPHITE DIAMOND 50E | eBay
Please if anyone knows to give a solution. Sorry about my bad English. Thank you

* My model is after 2012
  • 2015 Hyundai i30 1.4 CRDI

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I think you'll be right with that size but I would highly recommend you to call through a local tyre/wheel service centre and get them to check the correct sizing.

Nothing wrong with 16's and the GD models will fit 18's though the offset is what is critical.

Offline giwrgos_p

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece
I read in the forum someone suggest the offset to be 50. Also what types is ideal for 16"?

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I think you'll be right with that size but I would highly recommend you to call through a local tyre/wheel service centre and get them to check the correct sizing.

Nothing wrong with 16's and the GD models will fit 18's though the offset is what is critical.
The size is correct but the FD 16" offset is 50P (positive). The FD is the original shape, not sure if yours is that or the updated shape.
The 15" is 47P and the 17" is 56P
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline giwrgos_p

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece

The size is correct but the FD 16" offset is 50P (positive). The FD is the original shape, not sure if yours is that or the updated shape.
The 15" is 47P and the 17" is 56P

So the wheels of link which have 45 isn't right? Which is the minimum and maximum offset can I put?

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Just to explain a bit. The offset can be negative, positive or zero.
Positive is what is found on most front wheel drive cars. In this case the hub mounting surface (where the wheel bolts up to), is towards the outside of the wheel. So, effectively more of the rim and tyre are towards the centre line of the car. The offset is a critical part of the steering geometry which determines what happens when you swerve and/or brake.
You can physically vary it but until you find yourself in an emergency situation you can't guarantee the car will do what it's designed to do.
I imagine a few points like you are suggesting would be OK, but the fact that they are 7" wide, not the standard 6" of factory 16" wheels may have some bearing on it. They may need a bit less than the 50 in order to avoid rubbing on the sub frame on full lock.

I had to Google what ET is. According to the reply, "The offset is described by the term ET, which is from the German word 'Einpresstiefe' translated as 'insertion depth'"
We just say "offset"

So, in short, I can't give you a definitive answer.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcumwagon:

I can't help with your query, but would like to suggest that you modify your profile to add your location (country) and your model/ year of manufacture. Both these things can affect the answers to some of your ongoing questions. The series 1 i30 was known as the FD model and the new sleeker shape which came out mid 2012 is the GD model.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Just checked the ET/offset on my 18 x 8's and they're 42, the previous 18's were 45 which protruded the guards a couple of mm, I know this doesn't help much with the size you're looking at but it shows there are variations as Surferdude has explained.

As Dazzler mentioned the vehicle details aren't exactly clear.

Offline giwrgos_p

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece
What is the yours opinion for MAK WHEELS. I found these near in standard dimension.
:link: CERCHI IN LEGA MAK MILANO HYUNDAI i30 6,5x16 5x114,3 BLACK MIRROR 64B | eBay

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
What is the yours opinion for MAK WHEELS. I found these near in standard dimension.
:link: CERCHI IN LEGA MAK MILANO HYUNDAI i30 6,5x16 5x114,3 BLACK MIRROR 64B | eBay

I quite like them!

Thanks for updating your profile.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline giwrgos_p

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece

I quite like them!

Thanks for updating your profile.  :goodjob:
MAK is more cheap but and I can't find the right dimension :(

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal