i30 Owners Club

The Red Riding Hood

penak · 19 · 4020

Offline penak

• 2nd Gear
Here's our new car.
The semi-overcast weather does not do full justice to the pearl-effect colour (Ember Red). In full sunlight it has a lava-like glow.

[deleted]

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Magnificent :eek: :D

She sure does look pretty I must say :)

Can your rear wiper not lie a little lower on the glass, like saunaman's ?

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline penak

• 2nd Gear
Magnificent :eek: :D

She sure does look pretty I must say :)

Can your rear wiper not lie a little lower on the glass, like saunaman's ?

Did not even notice that. Have to take a look. IIRC it does do a symmetrical wipe pattern, the other end of the movement is the mirror of the starting position.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Not a fan of red (Liverpool/Man U/ Arsenal) but I must say this red looks great
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
We only get a solid red in Australia (yours looks very nice...)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
that is a nice red.  :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Nice CW :)

Really nice color. That's a new one isn't it? I mean, before, you couldn't get that one if I recall.

Offline saunaman

• 3rd Gear

• fi Finland
      Marttila
Here's our new car.
The semi-overcast weather does not do full justice to the pearl-effect colour (Ember Red). In full sunlight it has a lava-like glow.

Looks good in red.

My previous car was also red (at least according to the registration certificate), but did not look like red at all. The colour was called "Radiant Ebony" and it had all shades of black, dark brown and deep lilac and red wine... the cars kinda changed colour as the angle of light and spectator position changed.

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
That is a gorgeous colour, welcome penak :D :D :D
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline penak

• 2nd Gear
IMHO Hyundai is quite incompetent with their ads. It would be so easy to photo each available colour in natural light, and make the photo sets available in the net. Or even print a leaflet with the pics.

Currently the colour charts are at best misleading. If the dealer does not happen to have the colour, you are pretty much in the dark in all other colours except the normal silver, red, black and white.

Ever wonder why the silver and red are the highly dominant car colours? That's because from the lousy colour charts published, you can only be somewhat sure about them...

Currently in Finland, Hyundais are now sold through the same dealerships that sell Volvo, and the comparison to Volvo's way of displaying the available interior/exterior combos etc. does show a certain difference. Of course that comes with a price, a Volvo V50 1.6d DRIVe is equivalent to i30CW 1.6 CRDi in every possible way. But it does cost 10K € more...

I am a second generation Volvo man, but just cannot reason to myself the price differential any more (when the OTHER marks are finally as safe and reliable...). So I myself drive a big Fiat diesel (that nobody outside Europe has probably not even seen) and my wife drives a Hyundai. And I am waiting for the ix35, if that could replace my Fiat...

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

• Halmstad, Sweden's Riviera

Offline Seoul-mate

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, Queensland
IMHO Hyundai is quite incompetent with their ads. It would be so easy to photo each available colour in natural light, and make the photo sets available in the net. Or even print a leaflet with the pics.

Currently the colour charts are at best misleading. If the dealer does not happen to have the colour, you are pretty much in the dark in all other colours except the normal silver, red, black and white.

Ever wonder why the silver and red are the highly dominant car colours? That's because from the lousy colour charts published, you can only be somewhat sure about them...

Hi Penak, this Hyundai site makes an attempt to show all the available colours.
Not sure how close the Ember Red is to the actual colour of your car though.
Most colours seem a bit "washed out" to me.

http://worldwide.hyundai.com/web/Showroom/all_model.html#i30cw
(Click on your car then go to "Exterior")

Russ
  • i30 1.6 Diesel (03/08- 09/12), MB B200 (09/12 -->)

Offline dendik

• 2nd Gear

• I30 ES VB
Have not seen this red on i30 b4 - I like it. Deffo will stand out!

Offline penak

• 2nd Gear

Hi Penak, this Hyundai site makes an attempt to show all the available colours.
Not sure how close the Ember Red is to the actual colour of your car though.
Most colours seem a bit "washed out" to me.

http://worldwide.hyundai.com/web/Showroom/all_model.html#i30cw
(Click on your car then go to "Exterior")

Russ

Well, their attempt is best described as an epic failure, which may cost them an unknown number of lost sales.

Just look at their attempt to portray the ember red colour, and then how our car looks in real life. Which one would you buy? :)

Same with the indigo blue, the picture on the Hyundai site looks really bland when in RL the colour is a very rich deep blue with similar pearl effect as the ember red has.

[deleted]

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Our Aussie site is perhaps a little better in that regard..

http://www.hyundai.com.au/i30/default.aspx

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Yeah, the colour charts are pretty poor, vivid blue on the UK site looks more like Moonlight Blue.

I guess it is difficult for manufacturers to get it right on websites, given that everybody has their computers set up differently be it by saturation, brightness or contrast, BUT you should be able to walk into the dealer and get a reasonable swatch from them :)
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline sweetbix

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Love the colour.. :)
  • 09 Auto SR 2.O Petrol

Offline penak

• 2nd Gear
Yeah, the colour charts are pretty poor, vivid blue on the UK site looks more like Moonlight Blue.

I guess it is difficult for manufacturers to get it right on websites, given that everybody has their computers set up differently be it by saturation, brightness or contrast, BUT you should be able to walk into the dealer and get a reasonable swatch from them :)

Colours would look real and good enough in professionally taken photos, but these flash/java/whatever concotions they seem to be so fond of in the websites generally always fail.

On leaflets it is understandable from cost viewpoint that they want to keep pages in minimum, but on website they should use real photos instead of those failing apps. Should not be that hard to do, but has not dawned to anyone yet...

Problem with colour swatches is imagining that on the car. In our case the colour whas nowhere near us to be seen, but dealer had pack of swatches, and they had a Renault Megane in colour which looked exactly as the swatch. On the approximately same size car it was easy to see how it really looked, and we could make our decision.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal