i30 Owners Club

turbo on a petrol i30

2i30s · 38 · 17231

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
the ideas been permanently shelved [damn misses] :mad:and lakes, I'm keeping my i30s :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
hey 2i30s, you could always put it on the bottle, that works!

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
a 100hp nos kit,a few hours of fun,a blown up engine,priceless. :lol:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
a 100hp nos kit,a few hours of fun,a blown up engine,priceless. :lol:

not with the new systems for EFI, set up by an expert.  they get good results. but i have never used it or wanted to. but know people who do. the Germans used it in 2WW to climb and excellerate at altitude.

in the end it is the same effect as supercharging or Turbo, with a stock motor you just do it at a mild stage of tune. if you want more you would have to lower your compression ratio, but you have to do that with Turbo's or Supercharging to or run very low boost.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
there is an LPG kit you can fit on a diesel engine that only comes in during heavy acceleration,like pulling a trailer or van up a steep hill.a bit like nos.

bez10y
the Germans used it in 2WW to climb and excellerate at altitude.

Slightly off topic but isn't that one of the complaints that the RAF had about their Spitfires that because they only had a carby arrangement they couldn't keep up (they'd cut out) with the ME109's etc because of their injection systems?

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
there is an LPG kit you can fit on a diesel engine that only comes in during heavy acceleration,like pulling a trailer or van up a steep hill.a bit like nos.

Yes 2i30s i've known about LPG in diesel for a while, just a member of the forum had it fitted to his Hy Lux turbo Diesel and had a piston failure. so i forgot about it, as i have not seen another guy i know that uses it on a MB Sprinter camper for a while so can't check how his is going he had his system done in Sydney and got really good economy and performance increase his one runs the LPG all time at a low ratio along with Diesel it causes the diesel to atomize better just like the common rail has improved atomization from higher pressure.
i first saw LPG in Diesel in 1974, a guy driving a Kenworth Sydney to Melbourne a few times a week on that old road not what we have now. he had high pressure LPG tanks as well as long range diesel Tanks i asked him about that, & he said there was only four like it in the world three were in north America and his, he was doing testing, but could only use it for short time spans, said it flew up hill's with the LPG on. i found out he went past up a big hill near Golburn, told me i was a good follower but would never make a leader LOL. that trucks motor was 450HP plus the extra when LPG was on.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
the Germans used it in 2WW to climb and excellerate at altitude.

Slightly off topic but isn't that one of the complaints that the RAF had about their Spitfires that because they only had a carby arrangement they couldn't keep up (they'd cut out) with the ME109's etc because of their injection systems?

Hey bez10y, my best mate,s Dad flew mustangs & Spitfires in 2WW along with Lancaster Bomber's, he was an engineer as well, he tolod me about the germans useing NOS. but i can't ask him about the stalling as he has past away. but , you have to remember injection they had then was mechanical not electronic computerized like your car has , only advantage would be fuel under pressure not useing floatbowl so could restrict climb angle empty float bowl and you stall from lack of fuel. i loved those old spitfire,s we used to go to airshows with my mates Dad he used to take his log books and show us the planes he flew. had good storys too.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal