i30 Owners Club

2010 Hyundai sales totals

MrZ · 5 · 1809

Offline MrZ

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Melbourne, 2010 i45 Premium
As we all know Hyundai has achieved a record 2010 sales year, with over 80,000 sales.  However, it's market share of 7.7%, while an outstanding result, is actually less than it was in 1997 (when it was 8.3%).

Passenger vehicle sales figures are as follows:

i30 29,772
Getz 21,547
ix35 7,202
Santa Fe 4,646
i20 2,272
i45 2,038
Elantra 2,030
Tucson 1,759
Sonata 238
Grandeur 27

Three records were broken: i30, Getz, and Santa Fe.  There were a few disappointments, however.  Elantra sales slumped to their lowest ever, as did Grandeur.  

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Interesting figures Dave.. Thanks for that  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Ozbrum

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah, WA
Good interesting post Dave and a warm welcome to you  :),

I must just say .... Why Hyundai Australia continue to flog the Grandeur ? beats the hell out of me, If any motoring critic wanted to highlight Hyundai vehicles for the big depreciation in today's market he/she would choose the Grandeur  :-[.

I have a 2010 i30 cw trophy which I've so far done 4000km in (first class X so far !). and a 2007 Sonata elite 3.3 and I've done 59000km (love it to bits) and I can't understand why Hyundai dropped that engine from the i45 range ? .. I know we all want to save the planet  :rolleyes:.

I can get 8.7 per 100km from the 180kw rated Sonata of normal driving and so far (I know it will improve) ... In the 2ltr petrol i30 cw I average around 8.5 per 100km  :rolleyes:.

That may seem a little off topic but it will relate to future sales figures for Hyundai.

In a family/medium to large size car market and for Australian driving conditions the i45 range is grossly under powered at 140kw and I wouldn't buy one and I've drove one.

No offence meant Dave  :cool: and I know you have a i45 premium which I hope you're happy with  :).

Cheers  :goodjob:   

Offline scottie

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Cranbourne
    • Cranbourne Hyundai
just to make it clear the i45 is set to put a imprint in the commodore and camry market,
as for sale's figure's it didn't help hyundai for when they pretty much stuffed up the i20 for when it was first introduced,
with the grandeur well i think the total are all pretty much master chef car's! driven 1 for the first time the other month, my god alot of car for the value!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
just to make it clear the i45 is set to put a imprint in the commodore and camry market,
as for sale's figure's it didn't help hyundai for when they pretty much stuffed up the i20 for when it was first introduced,

I'm still waiting for the i45 to get get some momentum over here.. I can't see the numbers skyrocketing (just been caned again in wheels car of the year)  :scared:

What do you mean about the i20 scottie? Do you mean they were a bit slow rolling it out..?
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal