Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: January 09, 2009, 08:23:45

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia

Filled up last month, it's all good!  :lol:

Not when you use 27lts for 250km! Lol.

Seeing as I've hardly been able to be at my folks place during my time off my mum and sis are coming with me. So we now have 11 adults, 2 children and 1 infant = 7 cars (inluding mine). Unfortunately that still doesn't mean we get the discount. This also assumes everyone who has given me figures are still showing up. Since then I've only had 4 cars (I make 5 cars) contact me with phone numbers. So I hope the other 2 are still coming (if memory serves it's donc and drdood I think, apologies if it isn't)

I also stopped by the Apple Bar, looks nice Petey, I think while we drive up Bells everyone can take note of the cafe's etc and at ZZR we decide where to stop on the way back down.

I'm just really starting to wish we had the time to do the full ZZR trip, them's the breaks. I'll probably be up there again next weekend. (I'm really clocking up the km's I'm 5 days shy of 2 months and I've done 8250km!)

Cheers

Daniel 

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
Maybe me and you can both doa  full ZZR run next week whit since im right at the foot of the mountains :P

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Maybe me and you can both doa  full ZZR run next week whit since im right at the foot of the mountains :P

I don't know about next weekend, I'll probably just be going up there to play photog and do the bushwalk, they're having a big 'Thomas the Tank Engine' weekend.

So no doubt lots of screaming kids (not necessarily just in kids bodies though  :lol: :lol: :lol: )

But it's a possible future option. I try to get down at least one weekend a month to see the folks. (I'm such a nice boy aren't I?  :lol: :wink: )

In terms of meets if we get a larger i30 base in the Sydney basin to warrant regular (no idea what 'regular' will be though) trips it might also be good.

Cheers

Daniel

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Well, where almost there now. I am really looking forward to the meet tomorrow, even though it will mean an early start. I will be leaving Canberra at about 5.15 am, meeting Thumper at Goulbourn Maccas on the way, and than on to Penrith in a a convoy of i30's, if 2 cars counts as a convoy that is :lol:
Thanks for all the work you put in Dan, its bound to be a great day :D
See ya there.

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
I have just washed my i30 in anticipation of the meet. Hoping everyone has a good day :).

latest weather update:
if you dont know of it, www.bom.gov.au its very good for weather info

Fine apart from the risk of a late shower or thunderstorm in the west. Mostly sunny. Light winds tending moderate northeasterly in the afternoon and freshening near the coast.
Precis: Mostly fine.

City:         Min:  17 Max:  25   Parramatta: Min:  15 Max:  28
Terrey Hills: Min:  15 Max:  25   Penrith:    Min:  15 Max:  30
Liverpool:    Min:  14 Max:  29   Richmond:   Min:  12 Max:  29

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Good luck lads - have a great day :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
 :lol: I just washed mine too. :D
Wont matter, it will be filthy again by the time i make it to Penrith :'(

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Yea I washed mine but before I got to chamois it a whole heap of blossom fell on it, so I couldn't chamois it, cos it was scratching the paint.  :evil:

So it won't looks it's best.  :evil:

Eyma how come you are getting up so early? It shouldn't take you that long to get here?

Cya y'all tomorrow.

Regards

Daniel

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Well I'm hitting the hay now.

So if anyone has any problems, the only way to contact me will be via my mobile which I have already given. I turn it off overnight but it will be on as of 6am tomorrow morning.

Can't wait to meet you all.

Regards

Daniel

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
Good luck with the meet fellas.
It looks like an absolutely beautiful day so it should be a good one!

I'm heading up to a VW meet...lol
I'll post a few pics when we get back this arvo. Should be fun
:lol:

Around 40 cars are coming I think.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
:lol:...

Any VW pics on here will be met with a swift depression of the ban button mate :lol:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
:lol:...

Any VW pics on here will be met with a swift depression of the ban button mate :lol:

Hehe...
:lol: :lol:

Maybe just one?
:P

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yeah but only if it doesn't look that flash... :wink:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Well the trip is over.

I will have pics to follow (will post them in pics section)

It was a great day. I hope everyone else enjoyed it. It was great to meet everyone in person. We got 7 cars in total. 2 silver 2 white, 1 grey, 1 moonlight blue and my vivid blue.

I'll give a larger run down later on but I've just stopped in at my parents place to grab a feed, pack up and head back up to Newie to start work again tomorrow.

Regards

Daniel

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
Loved the trip :) was great to meet everyone... and Thumper... wow does that mod chip help your car up hills, I was amazed how much extra power you had over everyone else.

Thanks for all who attended, thanks to whitbomb for organizing:)

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
Good to hear everyone had a good time
:D

Did the weather hold out?
Look forward to the pics!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sounds like a great day - 7 cars  :D (great work Daniel)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

yeah was a good trip. Thanks Dan & everyone who came. Good to see you're already in your Vdub Cam, and that you haven't completely left us :P . It does make me wish there was a mod-chip for Auto's. Struggled a bit on an uphill while watching all the CRDi's continue as if we were still on flat road :S

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
yeah was a good trip. Thanks Dan & everyone who came. Good to see you're already in your Vdub Cam, and that you haven't completely left us :P . It does make me wish there was a mod-chip for Auto's. Struggled a bit on an uphill while watching all the CRDi's continue as if we were still on flat road :S

I haven't got mine yet. Don't worry I'll still be posting. I might even come up for the next meet (whenever that may be..hehe)
:P

Went up for the meet with Dad in his.

Its amazing how well the diesels pull up hills.
Its only until you drive one and experience the torque that you realise how well they do just go!

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
I was amazed how much extra power you had over everyone else.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

To top it all off, my engine ran cooler and I got 4.2lt/100km for the entire trip! (That's even taking into account having to back off to wait for the stock CRDi's to catch up!)  :lol:

Just arrived home, will post some pictures up tomorrow (And even a video or two!)

Right now, I hear my bed calling!

(Yes, was great to catch up with you all! Now we can put faces to names and yes, the line up of blue, silver, white, grey, white, silver, blue going down the road looked priceless!)

Now I wonder what that V8 ute owner is going to say about when he 'tried' to overtake me going up hill.  :twisted:

Offline blawler

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Not only the CRDi's.. The manual petrol didnt struggle either :-D

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Had a 1080P video camera running when all of a sudden a tree laying across the road appeared from nowhere!

Though, the spoils of the next stop made up for it!  :cool:

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
It was a great day. Fantastic drive, really fun and right on the edge at times :lol:
The trip back to Canberra was fun too. Thumper and I had fun dragging off a 2.0L TDi Peugeot 307 off the lights. I won the start though all three of us smoked them up on the line. It was looking good for about 2 whole metres before Thumper flew past me. :'( I am proud to say I easily beat the french poodle though. :lol:
Great fun, good bunch of blokes too. Thanks for all those people who made the day a great sucess. :D

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had good old snags, onion, rolls and tomato sauce.
Mmm it was good.
:D

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
Thumper and I had fun dragging off a 2.0L TDi Peugeot off the lights. I won the start though all three of us smoked them up on the line. It was looking good for about 2 whole metres before Thumper flew past me. :'( I proud to say I easily beat the french poodle though. :lol:
Great fun, good bunch of blokes too. Thanks for all those people who made the day a great sucess. :D

Lol..
Bloody hoons!!
*waves walking stick*
:lol: :lol:

hehe..

Wouldnt be too hard to beat one of the Peugeot's off the line (or up top)
They're nothing special. Which is surprising because they're not cheap!

Good to hear you had fun!
I can just imagine you and thumper dragging off at the lights...LOL
Thumper...did you have the video camera rolling?

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
No...I don't think Thumper had the video rolling...That would have slowed him down! Maybe thats how I won the start :lol:
We did however have have a CB radio in each car as well as in several cars in the main group drive. My son had great fun with the CB and kept us amused on the home leg with his commentry. At one point we picked up the tail end of a rather colourful discussion between a couple of truck drivers. I could say that maybe he picked up a couple of new obscenities, but kids being kids today, he has most likely he heard them all before. :evil:

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
At one point we picked up the tail end of a rather colourful discussion between a couple of truck drivers. I could say that maybe he picked up a couple of new obscenities, but kids being kids today, he has most likely he heard them all before. :evil:

I think I counted at least eight 'F' words in one over!  :eek:

As for the 'little' run from the lights, I was just cleaning out the exhaust, officer, honest!  :cool:

Though, three lanes, me in the middle, Eyma to my left, Peugeot to my right, all pole position, all facing uphill, all front wheel drive turbo diesels. You can guess what happened next!  :lol:

I heard the screech from my right as the Peugeot spun for a second, then a slightly longer screech from my left as Eyma lost traction. I had already let out my clutch, and not wanting to be left behind, put my foot down. Came on boost, instant wheel spin right across the large intersection.

Hit second, backing off slightly so not to loose traction again, noticed I was in front of them both.  :D Kept into it, little bit of black out the back, Eyma doing a good job trying to keep up, the Peugeot blowing black out the back had no chance, she was left way behind.

That little 'play' increased ruined my economy by 0.1lt/100km  :'(

Would have been worse if I had the 'power' map running, I would still be at the lights!  :lol:

Driving back South we went through a large storm, producing a fantastic light show for us. (Cleaned the bugs off the front, so I was happy!)  :razz:

I have several minutes of footage as the passenger was holding the camera through the turns at the top of the mountain.

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Yea I copped a storm leaving the Blue Mountains heading for Newie aswell.

Regards

Daniel

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal